Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

RustyK
Whipping Post

Re: Sunday, May 21:)

Post by RustyK »

madhatter wrote:
liv4ski wrote:
madhatter wrote:bike park gets added to the mix for next weekend...
Bringing the bikes on Saturday? Last year was great.
I plan to...
Lifts free again?
Where is Happy Hour ?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

RustyK wrote:
madhatter wrote:
liv4ski wrote:
madhatter wrote:bike park gets added to the mix for next weekend...
Bringing the bikes on Saturday? Last year was great.
I plan to...
Lifts free again?
as bike park passholders we get free buddy tix, that's what you guys used last year...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

^^love the lighting on the first shot.
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

liv4ski wrote:^^Those are outstanding. Best SS bump vids I have ever seen.
No disrespect to those videos, but back when moguls were King!

and

Many of those guys still rip too
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Rock On Ozzy! :Toast
Thanks for posting great video of some great bump buddies. :like
Long Live Old School .. gone but never forgotten. :-)

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

ozzy wrote:
liv4ski wrote:^^Those are outstanding. Best SS bump vids I have ever seen.
No disrespect to those videos, but back when moguls were King!

and

Many of those guys still rip too
I see PJ in the shreds like lettuce video rocking a Samurai bun...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

There’s good skiers and great skiers and a world of difference between the two. Obviously the videos Ozzy posted showcase a number of great skiers.

Over the past few weekends, I thought one of the best out there was Hannah Soar, a KMS kid on the US Mogul Team. She was skiing with perfect extension and compression, power and grace, always in her line, not just the line dictated by the bumps. Of course, she’s 18, weighs 125 lbs. and skiing for her next World Cup points. I’m old enough to be her grandfather, rapidly approaching twice her weight and skiing for my next IPA.

I looked it up and the current mogul team is comprised of three levels, A, B and D. I assume D stands for “Development”. Hannah is on the D team, so the skill level of the A and B skiers seems almost unimaginable.

But that’s one of the cool things about skiing, there’s always someone better - often a lot better and so we can always get better.

Though for me, when it comes to skiing in general, there’s really nothing better.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Coydog wrote:There’s good skiers and great skiers and a world of difference between the two. Obviously the videos Ozzy posted showcase a number of great skiers.

Over the past few weekends, I thought one of the best out there was Hannah Soar, a KMS kid on the US Mogul Team. She was skiing with perfect extension and compression, power and grace, always in her line, not just the line dictated by the bumps. Of course, she’s 18, weighs 125 lbs. and skiing for her next World Cup points. I’m old enough to be her grandfather, rapidly approaching twice her weight and skiing for my next IPA.

I looked it up and the current mogul team is comprised of three levels, A, B and D. I assume D stands for “Development”. Hannah is on the D team, so the skill level of the A and B skiers seems almost unimaginable.

But that’s one of the cool things about skiing, there’s always someone better - often a lot better and so we can always get better.

Though for me, when it comes to skiing in general, there’s really nothing better.
Well said Coydog!! We were watching Hannah too, along with you, Madhatter, live4ski, Moose and others . . . oh, and MrsCoy too - all different, enjoyed all!!!!
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

And one of the most cool thing about skiing is that no-one really "needs" to get better as long as they can make it up and down...my favorite skier I've seen at K was a little girl (around 4 years old a couple spring seasons ago), I got on the chair with her and her dad, and we had a "pretend" argument on who was having the most fun- so she told me her secret- "you should do more spins"- and she was right. Now the "best" skier in my eyes is whoever is smiling or laughing the most. (and if Hannah was the young woman with the long hair who typically skis park, then she's in the running! (I took a couple lifts with her, but didn't ask her name))
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Hannah has blond hair and was wearing tie dye dead shirt. Pretty sure she's not in the park that often.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

I saw a few ladies killing it all weekend.

Whatever happened to the snowboarder kid who would rip a line like the best bump skiers?
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

watching that second video a few things come to mind:

first holy crap 1991!!!!! I started skiing in like 2003...( I did snowboard for a number of years prior to that, my first skis were a salomon twin tip, though I did try some 185cm rossi 4s 2-3 times before taking up snowboard, otherwise shaped skis are pretty much all I know, yet I hate the whole rockered concept, go w what ya know I guess...)

next, OUCH bump skiing then was a totally different animal than it is now...look at the knee's and the beating they take ...some rad skills on display there especially considering the era and equipment w some guys going as big as anyone out there today...

WOW look at the shape of those bumps, shaped skis and snowboards have forever changed the shape of "naturally occurring" moguls...
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:watching that second video a few things come to mind:

first holy crap 1991!!!!! I started skiing in like 2003...( I did snowboard for a number of years prior to that, my first skis were a salomon twin tip, though I did try some 185cm rossi 4s 2-3 times before taking up snowboard, otherwise shaped skis are pretty much all I know, yet I hate the whole rockered concept, go w what ya know I guess...)

next, OUCH bump skiing then was a totally different animal than it is now...look at the knee's and the beating they take ...some rad skills on display there especially considering the era and equipment w some guys going as big as anyone out there today...

WOW look at the shape of those bumps, shaped skis and snowboards have forever changed the shape of "naturally occurring" moguls...
OUCH is definitely the operative word. There's a reason I don't do bumps for fun anymore.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe