Sunday, May 21:)

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Re: Sunday, May 21:)

Post by skiadikt »

180 & his kid were killin' it as well. conspicuous by his absence was "the hammer". also missed radio ron.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

skiadikt wrote:180 & his kid were killin' it as well. conspicuous by his absence was "the hammer". also missed radio ron.
always...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Troughsmasher
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Troughsmasher »

skiadikt wrote:180 & his kid were killin' it as well. conspicuous by his absence was "the hammer". also missed radio ron.
Also missed the hammer's doppelgänger.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

madhatter wrote:
thats what 90 days will do for you...
:like :like :like
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

^^ nice turns and nice capture.
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

madhatter wrote:watching that second video a few things come to mind:

first holy crap 1991!!!!! I started skiing in like 2003...( I did snowboard for a number of years prior to that, my first skis were a salomon twin tip, though I did try some 185cm rossi 4s 2-3 times before taking up snowboard, otherwise shaped skis are pretty much all I know, yet I hate the whole rockered concept, go w what ya know I guess...)

next, OUCH bump skiing then was a totally different animal than it is now...look at the knee's and the beating they take ...some rad skills on display there especially considering the era and equipment w some guys going as big as anyone out there today...

WOW look at the shape of those bumps, shaped skis and snowboards have forever changed the shape of "naturally occurring" moguls...
you just had your Eureka moment, didn't you

Moguls just don't become shaped like that much anymore. I mean that's was it. If you were an expert East coast skier in the mid-90's you were skiing bumps. If you were an expert skier in the mid-90's in May and June you were skiing bumps at Killington

I know that there were at least three guys in those vids that were skiing SS this Killington post season. That's 25+ years of high caliber mogul skiing
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

The FIS bumpers are kind of boring. They stay in the trough between the moguls. Sure they have the two jumps and they are going for speed, butt those bumpers in the 90's are fun to watch. I used to go to Bust n' Burn at Sunday River and there were a hand full of guys who could ski like that. Maybe some of the same skiers.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

freeski wrote:The FIS bumpers are kind of boring. They stay in the trough between the moguls. Sure they have the two jumps and they are going for speed, butt those bumpers in the 90's are fun to watch. I used to go to Bust n' Burn at Sunday River and there were a hand full of guys who could ski like that. Maybe some of the same skiers.
I'm not seeing much technique difference between the top skiers in the shred like lettuce vids, and what I see here by MK except the mogul shape. Technique is pretty close.

Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

SkiDork wrote:
madhatter wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... GOpka_STLI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like this better...
Where is Happy Hour ?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

RustyK wrote:
SkiDork wrote:
madhatter wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... mbedded&v=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like this better...
where's the motorboating? I didn't see any motorboating...
mach es sehr schnell

Bumper

Post by 180 »

Thanks for the shout outs.
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

madhatter wrote:
liv4ski wrote:
madhatter wrote:bike park gets added to the mix for next weekend...
Bringing the bikes on Saturday? Last year was great.
I plan to...
I'll be bringing the bike up this weekend too. Doesn't get much better than skiing and biking on the same day. Maybe this time we'll get to ski together too.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Woodsrider wrote:
madhatter wrote:
liv4ski wrote:
madhatter wrote:bike park gets added to the mix for next weekend...
Bringing the bikes on Saturday? Last year was great.
I plan to...
I'll be bringing the bike up this weekend too. Doesn't get much better than skiing and biking on the same day. Maybe this time we'll get to ski together too.
:like :like
mach es sehr schnell

Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

ozzy wrote:
madhatter wrote:watching that second video a few things come to mind:

first holy crap 1991!!!!! I started skiing in like 2003...( I did snowboard for a number of years prior to that, my first skis were a salomon twin tip, though I did try some 185cm rossi 4s 2-3 times before taking up snowboard, otherwise shaped skis are pretty much all I know, yet I hate the whole rockered concept, go w what ya know I guess...)

next, OUCH bump skiing then was a totally different animal than it is now...look at the knee's and the beating they take ...some rad skills on display there especially considering the era and equipment w some guys going as big as anyone out there today...

WOW look at the shape of those bumps, shaped skis and snowboards have forever changed the shape of "naturally occurring" moguls...
you just had your Eureka moment, didn't you

Moguls just don't become shaped like that much anymore. I mean that's was it. If you were an expert East coast skier in the mid-90's you were skiing bumps. If you were an expert skier in the mid-90's in May and June you were skiing bumps at Killington

I know that there were at least three guys in those vids that were skiing SS this Killington post season. That's 25+ years of high caliber mogul skiing
That video brought me back to my glory days of bump skiing in the 90's when I had 2 good knees and was a half an inch taller skiing with the likes of Cameron "Hollywood" Boyle, Brad Homes and Chuck Martin on 200cm straight sticks. Damn was that self destructive yet so much fun. Ruined my body. But if I had to do it over, I wouldn't change a thing.