Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

icedtea
Guru Poster

Re: Sunday, May 21:)

Post by icedtea »

Woodsrider wrote:
ozzy wrote:
madhatter wrote:watching that second video a few things come to mind:

first holy crap 1991!!!!! I started skiing in like 2003...( I did snowboard for a number of years prior to that, my first skis were a salomon twin tip, though I did try some 185cm rossi 4s 2-3 times before taking up snowboard, otherwise shaped skis are pretty much all I know, yet I hate the whole rockered concept, go w what ya know I guess...)

next, OUCH bump skiing then was a totally different animal than it is now...look at the knee's and the beating they take ...some rad skills on display there especially considering the era and equipment w some guys going as big as anyone out there today...

WOW look at the shape of those bumps, shaped skis and snowboards have forever changed the shape of "naturally occurring" moguls...
you just had your Eureka moment, didn't you

Moguls just don't become shaped like that much anymore. I mean that's was it. If you were an expert East coast skier in the mid-90's you were skiing bumps. If you were an expert skier in the mid-90's in May and June you were skiing bumps at Killington

I know that there were at least three guys in those vids that were skiing SS this Killington post season. That's 25+ years of high caliber mogul skiing
That video brought me back to my glory days of bump skiing in the 90's when I had 2 good knees and was a half an inch taller skiing with the likes of Cameron "Hollywood" Boyle, Brad Homes and Chuck Martin on 200cm straight sticks. Damn was that self destructive yet so much fun. Ruined my body. But if I had to do it over, I wouldn't change a thing.
My knees are still feeling it from bangin it old school for 3 days.

Whatever be back Saturday for some more fun!!!
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

icedtea wrote:
Woodsrider wrote:
ozzy wrote:
madhatter wrote:watching that second video a few things come to mind:

first holy crap 1991!!!!! I started skiing in like 2003...( I did snowboard for a number of years prior to that, my first skis were a salomon twin tip, though I did try some 185cm rossi 4s 2-3 times before taking up snowboard, otherwise shaped skis are pretty much all I know, yet I hate the whole rockered concept, go w what ya know I guess...)

next, OUCH bump skiing then was a totally different animal than it is now...look at the knee's and the beating they take ...some rad skills on display there especially considering the era and equipment w some guys going as big as anyone out there today...

WOW look at the shape of those bumps, shaped skis and snowboards have forever changed the shape of "naturally occurring" moguls...
you just had your Eureka moment, didn't you

Moguls just don't become shaped like that much anymore. I mean that's was it. If you were an expert East coast skier in the mid-90's you were skiing bumps. If you were an expert skier in the mid-90's in May and June you were skiing bumps at Killington

I know that there were at least three guys in those vids that were skiing SS this Killington post season. That's 25+ years of high caliber mogul skiing
That video brought me back to my glory days of bump skiing in the 90's when I had 2 good knees and was a half an inch taller skiing with the likes of Cameron "Hollywood" Boyle, Brad Homes and Chuck Martin on 200cm straight sticks. Damn was that self destructive yet so much fun. Ruined my body. But if I had to do it over, I wouldn't change a thing.
My knees are still feeling it from bangin it old school for 3 days.

Whatever be back Saturday for some more fun!!!
I found out quickly that my knees did not like bumps. Usually slam bam and do it again. Watching the "How To" videos out there learned early on to extend and compress, not slam bam thank you maam. Managed multiple years even on our K Volkswagon bumps. NO, couldn't keep up with the hard corp, but could rip a line on SuperStar, OL or most anywhere else. My mistake was taking a line and not being aggressive. Locked tails and popped my ACL on GS race skis. NOW I'm just OLD or out of shape or both.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

I'm having some trouble rendering the video I shot.

The camera is a Canon FS100 that shoots 16:9 video on MOD files. Their proprietary Pixella software was always clunky. What used to work was either move the file from the camera using Pixella without editing and save it as a WMV file. Then I would edit it in Moviemaker.

With Windows 8.1 Moviemaker no longer works for me. It won't import and I hate the reduced functionality.

I just tried Filmora, which was intuitive, but operated a little jerky for some reason. To get it to work I had to change the file designator from MOD to MPG. That's a common work-around for MOD files. The finished video would play fine, but after rendering it plays at about half speed.

Any video geeks here that can offer any insight? What's the best way to edit MOD files on Windows 8.1?
TheLurker
Bumper

Post by TheLurker »

Get a Mac?