June 1 Final Day

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

MrsG
Whipping Post

Re: June 1 Final Day

Post by MrsG »

buckethead wrote:Dang! The lower is holding up. Anyone get a look of what's left above the rollover??

I spoke with Radio Ron last nite.
He's recuperating with friends in NYS who are taking good care of him as he readies for the 7hr drive home (in a few days) he is upbeat and was very touched by all the goodwill he's received since his injury - much of that from folks on this board. He was also very impressed with the orthopedic care at Rutland Regional. They took good care of him.
Thanks for sharing Bucket . . . we're sending positive thoughts to Radio Ron . . . VtFreeheal(sp) really did a great job honoring him - missing everyone now!!!
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

Yea, definitely feeling a bit of withdrawal for all the good times we all spent sharing food, beverages, deserts and turns on the hill. As I think ahead to next season my mind goes first to the long, warm days in mid-April.
Lady buckethead just yesterday marveled at everyone's generosity and comradery at our spot on the access.
More pics to follow but here are a couple of pano's (was great to see you up top for the last chair party Mrs.G!)

Lady b and I hope to visit the farm this summer!

I'll provide an update here after I speak with Ron again.
Attachments
Roadside may 28
Roadside may 28
image.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 369 times
Topside June 1
Topside June 1
image.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 370 times
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

buckethead wrote:Yea, definitely feeling a bit of withdrawal for all the good times we all spent sharing food, beverages, deserts and turns on the hill. As I think ahead to next season my mind goes first to the long, warm days in mid-April.
Yeah, can't seem to shake this desire to pull into a parking lot and start drinking beers from a cooler.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
buckethead wrote:Yea, definitely feeling a bit of withdrawal for all the good times we all spent sharing food, beverages, deserts and turns on the hill. As I think ahead to next season my mind goes first to the long, warm days in mid-April.
Yeah, can't seem to shake this desire to pull into a parking lot and start drinking beers from a cooler.
time to switch gears and convert that into a desire to ride a bike and drink beers.... :Toast
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

This afternoon will see some skiing, hiking, dog running and yes, beers in a cooler.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:This afternoon will see some skiing, hiking, dog running and yes, beers in a cooler.
http://www.killington.com/site/to-do/ev ... /501695010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
THE BREWFEST
If you’ve been to our fall Brewfest, you know we like to throw a party and if you haven’t you’ll just have to take our word for it. Located in the Snowshed base area, you’ll have perfect viewing of all the Bike and Brew event action plus access to 30 different craft beers - all brewed right here in Vermont.

Featured brewers: Drop In Brewing, Zero Gravity, 14th Star Brewing, Long Trail Brewing Co, Stone Corral, Citizen Cider, Northshire Brewing, von Trapp Brewing, Harpoon, Burlington Beer, Lost Nation, Collective Arts Brewing, Foley Brothers - beer selection TBA.

Each Brewfest participant will receive 8 beer sampling tickets valid for a 4 oz. pour, additional tickets will be available in packs of 5 for $10. Beers under 9% ABV will require 1 ticket, beers 9% ABV and over will require 2 tickets.

All Brewfest participants must be at least 21 years of age with valid I.D.

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....