What activities do you participate in during the summer?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

DES
Slalom Racer

Re: What activities do you participate in during the summer?

Post by DES »

I used to mt bike a lot, that's how I broke my back...started my recovery and even started pedaling again, then my locked bike was stolen out of my garage (unfortunately, my unlocked garage also had my tool chest, the thief went thru it and got out my hacksaw...go out in the morning and see my saw and cut chain!) Figured it was time to give that sport up, since that's the only sport where you don't get to say "arg, I'm going to fall" because it happens so fast you don't even get to think about it.

Congrats on retirement Captain Hafski, I've found it's better than I even expected it to be!
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

I will participate in all afore mentioned activities except for retirement and racing porsches.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

I do a lot of gardening, one reason why I can't make the Superstar Spring Skiing Season. Once the lakes and ocean warm up, a lot of open water swimming.
I have big projects this summer too, two porches and a garage need to be painted and rebuilding the front door porch/entrance.
Attachments
SAM_8086.JPG
SAM_8086.JPG (416.46 KiB) Viewed 719 times
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

f.a.s.t. wrote:I do a lot of gardening, one reason why I can't make the Superstar Spring Skiing Season. Once the lakes and ocean warm up, a lot of open water swimming.
I have big projects this summer too, two porches and a garage need to be painted and rebuilding the front door porch/entrance.
The wall came out nice. Congratulations on the jig saw puzzle.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

f.a.s.t. wrote:I do a lot of gardening, one reason why I can't make the Superstar Spring Skiing Season. Once the lakes and ocean warm up, a lot of open water swimming.
When I left for the hospital my azaleas and rhododendrons where in full bloom. When I got back a week later they were all done with. Yours look beautiful. Enjoy.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

This.
Attachments
beer_274596.jpg
beer_274596.jpg (37.89 KiB) Viewed 688 times
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Captain Hafski wrote:Golf, winsurfing, and of course working on the houses.

New for this year will be kayaking / fishing.

Also, not sure if it qualifies for a 'sport' but RETIREMENT is coming soon !!

Congrats are in order for both of you this summer... :Toast
Where is Happy Hour ?
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

Taking the family to Italy this summer. Other than that, golf, sailing, cycling, and attending the free music concerts offered in my area.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

liv4ski wrote:Taking the family to Italy this summer.
Where is Happy Hour ?
snow4all
Blue Chatterbox

Post by snow4all »

jimmywilson69 wrote:
RustyK wrote:Trying to annoy all cars by biking 100+ miles a week to loose all the weight I gained during ski season.

3 feet please.

Me too! This is my 2nd full year of road biking already have 1500 miles for the year.
First year on the road bike so will be adding that to the golf, bass fishing, hiking and hanging out on the dock routine.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

liv4ski wrote:Taking the family to Italy this summer. Other than that, golf, sailing, cycling, and attending the free music concerts offered in my area.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Have fun in my home country and take pictures to share with us.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Finally, my first open water swim of the summer. Squam Lake in Holderness, NH on Route 3 north about 5 miles from Meredith. There's a long paved pull over, nice grass lawn and then tree lined shore. There should be more places like this on NH lakes, free to park and easy access. This is my kind of swimming hole, the water moves here constantly being refreshed by current, drops steep and deep-over my head 15 feet out, no ducks and no children polluting the water. There's about 200 yards of undeveloped shoreline. About 125 yards out is a rock outcropping with the biggest rock jutting out of the water. Around it are huge rocks just under the surface that you can sit on. There's a real nice view of Mount Chocorua and the Sandwich Range. This is one of my favorite swimming spots in all of NH. Hardly any boats around so it's safe to swim long and far, doing laps out to the rock outcropping or along the shore. Photos include a satellite image, the white mouse arrow points to the location.
Attachments
Sat. photo.JPG
Sat. photo.JPG (418.82 KiB) Viewed 471 times
Squam Lake.JPG
Squam Lake.JPG (419.15 KiB) Viewed 471 times
Mount Chocorua.JPG
Mount Chocorua.JPG (416.19 KiB) Viewed 471 times
Squam Lake 2.JPG
Squam Lake 2.JPG (415.73 KiB) Viewed 471 times
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

f.a.s.t. wrote:Finally, my first open water swim of the summer. Squam Lake in Holderness, NH on Route 3 north about 5 miles from Meredith. There's a long paved pull over, nice grass lawn and then tree lined shore. There should be more places like this on NH lakes, free to park and easy access. This is my kind of swimming hole, the water moves here constantly being refreshed by current, drops steep and deep-over my head 15 feet out, no ducks and no children polluting the water. There's about 200 yards of undeveloped shoreline. About 125 yards out is a rock outcropping with the biggest rock jutting out of the water. Around it are huge rocks just under the surface that you can sit on. There's a real nice view of Mount Chocorua and the Sandwich Range. This is one of my favorite swimming spots in all of NH. Hardly any boats around so it's safe to swim long and far, doing laps out to the rock outcropping or along the shore. Photos include a satellite image, the white mouse arrow points to the location.
That looks great. Have a lot of fun this summer.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

We spent July 4th on our boat and stayed out until the fireworks were over. For once we got a great day for the holiday so we enjoyed it fully. Here is a picture I took from it:
Sunset in Zach's Bay on 4th of July.jpg
Sunset in Zach's Bay on 4th of July.jpg (68.04 KiB) Viewed 444 times
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

tyrolean_skier wrote:We spent July 4th on our boat and stayed out until the fireworks were over. For once we got a great day for the holiday so we enjoyed it fully. Here is a picture I took from it:
Sunset in Zach's Bay on 4th of July.jpg
Can't think of a better way to spend the 4th!