Bike Bum 2017

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Bike Bum 2017

Post by madhatter »

KMBC bike bum official results and standings week 2

https://www.facebook.com/killingtonmtb/ ... 4025913552" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bike Bum starts back up 7/12 at 2pm. After party is at Lookout Killington at 5:30
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Great Bike Bum Race this week. We had 97 riders! Follow this link for the race results.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0pBfK ... NSYXc/view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Nice job madhatter 8)
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

Kudos to those putting this together, we are having a blast, both at the race and party 8) !
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bike bum is on again this wednesday 2-5 on lower sideshow bob....Happy Hour will be at Peppinos...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Another great Bike Bum race this week. 101 riders!
Here are your results:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0pBfK ... qbHRF/view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sherburne Trails (KMBC) are now live on TrailForks. Here is the link to the page:
https://www.trailforks.com/region/sherb ... ils-19491/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Good job MH :wink:
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

MrsG wrote:Good job MH :wink:
I had a really good run except for a major bobble that I'm lucky didn't land me in the dirt...I just lost concentration for a sec and got high in the berm hadda brake to a near stop...fortunately I was able to maintain composure and pedal right up to speed...later on the course there is a section on the vale trail in the middle of the run...As you come out of the woods you do a 90* turn onto the vale trail/fireroad there is a large waterbar to contend with just as you finish your turn... I hit that thing w a head of steam and got pushed a couple more feet wider than I intended and almost hit the stake holding the rope, but near misses are still misses... good thing cuz it woulda hurt going down there at that speed...might have had a better time otherwise, but that's why we run the races vs just hand out a time, cuz anything can go wrong...There's a lotta good riders out there, a 13 yr old beat me yesterday in the overall...still no one has cracked a minute yet but I expect that to fall soon...competition will be tightening up in my division as well as one of the guys just got a sweet new carbon fiber ride that's sure to cut his times...

one of my team mates got a first place finish yesterday also :like :like (after taking a pretty good biff in practice earlier on )

unfortunately there was an issue w the formatting of the photos taken last week and no one took any this week...

if anyone is interested in taking pics ( no need for a fancy camera, phone cameras are easiest format to upload)to be posted to the KMBC website contact them here:

https://www.facebook.com/killingtonmtb/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

still 6 races to go so nothing is a given yet for anyone...

oh and a big FU to whoever stole dave's dirtjumper outta the parking lot yesterday...
mach es sehr schnell

f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

What is harder, skiing in the woods or riding a mountain bike in the woods?
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

f.a.s.t. wrote:What is harder, skiing in the woods or riding a mountain bike in the woods?
there's a clearly marked trail for biking...skiing in the woods is random...biking probably requires more stamina and rider input overall as well...

our race is run on a "flow"trail which is buffed out and has no roots or rocks on it which makes it significantly easier for a beginner/intermediate vs skiing in the woods on say lowrider, which incidentally has a bike trail on it...the upper section of that trail is not a flow trail but a more classic single track w roots rocks leaves and irregular surface, it's a lot easier to ski that line than it is to ride a bike down it.....and no one needs to explain which surface is harder to fall on...all that said I'd have to say whichever you are least proficient at is "harder"..
mach es sehr schnell

Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

Our family is having a blast with Bike bums this year, a nice something to look forward to during these summer vacation weeks. Every week my times are improving, but this 40-50 crowd has some really strong riders, I doubt I ever see the top tier, but being strong in the 2nd tier is a good day for me!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Seacoaster wrote:Our family is having a blast with Bike bums this year, a nice something to look forward to during these summer vacation weeks. Every week my times are improving, but this 40-50 crowd has some really strong riders, I doubt I ever see the top tier, but being strong in the 2nd tier is a good day for me!
some of them guys are really fast!!! a lot of em can rip some huge airs too...

ain't no shame in getting beat by those guys...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

bike bum is on this wed 2-5 on lower sideshow bob

happy hour is at Green Mountain National...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Another great turn out for Bike Bum. The official tally is 114 riders!
Follow this link for the updated results with everything adjusted. Thanks again to our sponsors Long Trail Brewing, Green Mountain National Golf Course, and POC.
We will see everyone next Wednesday.
https://drive.google.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;…/0B0pBfKj82Y9uZHpOSDloNThZdzA/view
mach es sehr schnell