Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

madhatter
Signature Poster

Bike Bum 2017

Post by madhatter »

Today June 3rd at 4 PM - 9 PM AT

Lookout Image

Join the Killington cycling community for the first Bike Blast Off Party. Basin Sports, Alpine Bike Works and First Stop Board Barn want to throw the biggest party of the summer. Killington Resort and local VMBA Chapters will also be attending to show their support to help kick-off the Bike Season. Enjoy great food, drinks and live music hosted by Lookout Killington

Get All Your Cycling Info In One Weekend:
- Sign- Up for Killington Mountain Bike Club Bike Bum Series
- Renew your Vermont Mountain Bike Association Membership
- Find out about local trail networks and group rides in the area
- Find out about Trail Days and give back to the community
- Connect with your go-to shop and see what's in store for the season.

Prizes, Giveaways, Raffles. Becasue it wouldn't be a Blast Off Party without fun giveaways. Raffle will benefit Killington Mountain Bike Club

Enjoy Long Trail Cable Ale $3 Drafts on Tap and a full spread of food options.

More info coming soon, but mark your calanders...You won't want to miss this!
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Bike Bum 2017

Post by madhatter »

2017 KMBC Bike Bum sponsored by Long Trail begins this Wednesday June 21st at 2 pm. All races go from 2pm- 5pm with the after parties going from 5:30-7pm.
The schedule is as follows:
June 21st
June 28th
July 12th
July 19th
July 26th
Aug 2nd
Aug 9th
Aug 16th
Aug 23rd
Aug 30th
All team and individual signs will happen at the start tent of the race. Must be paid in full and both waivers signed before you can race. We accept credit and cash.
All races will be held on lower Side Show Bob and race and party updates will be done in this event page.
Thank you to our core sponsors killington Resort, the Town of Killington, and Long Trail.
If you have any questions please post here and we will respond as soon as possible.
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Wednesday june 21 -- 2 PM - 5 PM on lower sideshow bob...

happy hour is at sushi yoshi...
mach es sehr schnell

Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

I am excited about this, we were to busy to commit to Snowboard bum this year, but are looking forward to Bike bum this year and snowboard bum this coming season.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Results and pics from the first bike bum race...

https://www.facebook.com/killingtonmtb/ ... =3&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.facebook.com/killingtonmtb/ ... 1053609516" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

Sporte
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Sporte »

Looks like they updated mountain bike trail map on the website. New to me anyway. Seems that Blue Magic is now called Jump Start. The Blue Magic name was moved over to a new trail at Ramshead on skier’s left of the chair along with another blue trail is called Krusty or something . There is also a connector trial called Escape Artist. Haven't been there in a couple of weeks. Are the new Ramshead trails open yet?
Sorry if this was covered in another thread.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Sporte wrote:Looks like they updated mountain bike trail map on the website. New to me anyway. Seems that Blue Magic is now called Jump Start. The Blue Magic name was moved over to a new trail at Ramshead on skier’s left of the chair along with another blue trail is called Krusty or something . There is also a connector trial called Escape Artist. Haven't been there in a couple of weeks. Are the new Ramshead trails open yet?
highly doubt it...blue magic is/was still signed as such on wed at snowshed...been a wet early season, not even sure if goat skull is open yet...
mach es sehr schnell

biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

What impact are the proposed houses in the base village plan going to have on the lower levels of these trails? In addition, they changed the bike carriers on Snowshed lift. If an adult is with a child, Killington in my opinion still needs to help that child load the bike. It doesn't appear that there is enough time to load two bikes on one carrier by the adult. I suppose one could skip a chair.
Mallet
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Mallet »

How do you know when you are ready to concur black bike trails? I can ride all blue with confidence but am nervous about trying the blacks. Is there an "easier" black trail to try first?

Yes, it would be hard to load two bikes onto new lifts. There are two lift attendants at each chair that are more than willing to help both at top and bottom of the lifts.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mallet wrote:How do you know when you are ready to concur black bike trails? I can ride all blue with confidence but am nervous about trying the blacks. Is there an "easier" black trail to try first?

Yes, it would be hard to load two bikes onto new lifts. There are two lift attendants at each chair that are more than willing to help both at top and bottom of the lifts.
so you have two basic types of trails at K, old school classic single track and flow trails....if you can ride blue magic, you can ride black magic...doesn't mean you are going to clear all teh jumps but there is nothing that is do or die ( no gaps or anything like that)...flow trails tend to be more forgiving especially in regards to technical ability...

oldschool trails-- if you can ride upper rabbit hole with confidence then you can ride steel panther...there are some tough technical sections on that trail but all of it is "rideable" i.e. no jumps or drops but there are a couple spots where the "obstacles" are about all you can "roll" over w ease...

always a good idea to follow a friend or rider of similar or slightly better ability that can pick the line for you...

goat skull can also be a good place to test out technical skills once you gain a little more confidence....it's wide and there are numerous line choices that allow one to avoid most of the gnar...there are however a few tricky spots, best advice there if you can;t see what;s on the other side of a drop, stop and take a look before you attempt to ride it....

one tip, heels down, elbows bent, butt back...in essence hover over your bike and stay loose...

http://www.killington.com/site/mountain ... eport.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.killington.com/pdf/KILLINGTO ... 192017.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

I noticed new signs on Sunday for "Jump Start", I was wondering what that was all about at the top of Blue magic, but it makes sense now. I too wonder when the new trails will be opened, its been pretty wet at Ramshead, so I am guessing they are still working over there.
Sporte wrote:Looks like they updated mountain bike trail map on the website. New to me anyway. Seems that Blue Magic is now called Jump Start. The Blue Magic name was moved over to a new trail at Ramshead on skier’s left of the chair along with another blue trail is called Krusty or something . There is also a connector trial called Escape Artist. Haven't been there in a couple of weeks. Are the new Ramshead trails open yet?
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

The lifties are awesome, they will either slow the lift down, or if you ask help them, they will help you load the kids. Of course the other option that I see people utilize is to take a second chair...... I dont see how the proposed housing at bear would have any impact on MTB trails, nor will the Village, it all happens below or away from any trails. Long term, the mountain see's MTB as a huge revenue source, they will not want to negatively impact that growth plan.
biged wrote:What impact are the proposed houses in the base village plan going to have on the lower levels of these trails? In addition, they changed the bike carriers on Snowshed lift. If an adult is with a child, Killington in my opinion still needs to help that child load the bike. It doesn't appear that there is enough time to load two bikes on one carrier by the adult. I suppose one could skip a chair.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

the 6/28 race is on Side Show Bob from 2pm-5pm and the after party will be at JAX Food & Games from 5:30pm-7pm and will be sponsored by DAKINE
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

got some showers moving thru during the race this afternoon...coming down pretty good right now...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Great bike bum today - 96 riders overall, awesome turn out!
Here are some photos from the day. Official race results will be posted tomorrow but here is the live timing :
http://www.barttiming.com/lt/livetiming2.htm
Big thanks to JAX Food & Games, Long Trail Brewing, DAKINE, and Chase Morsey.
If you would like to volunteer to help with the races, it goes towards your merchant pass hours - email bcolona25@gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/killingtonmtb/ ... =3&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sliders at Jax were excellent...( I topped mine w the buffalo chicken dip)
mach es sehr schnell