Done deal

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Big Bob
Postinator

Done deal

Post by Big Bob »

Epic pass now good at Stowe! Don't let the door hit you in the ass Highway Star!!

http://news.vailresorts.com/corporate/s ... losing.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 30 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Done deal

Post by madhatter »

Big Bob wrote:Epic pass now good at Stowe! Don't let the door hit you in the ass Highway Star!!

http://news.vailresorts.com/corporate/s ... losing.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
awww, show him some love he's been a good boy for quite some time now...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Property values go up - skiing quality goes down.

Gonna be crazy crowded up there this year.

Will be interesting to see how this hits K, bush, jay, smuggs
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

Crowds indeed! I got their email today...that pass is CHEAP!

I think the smaller mountains will be a good alternative for those avoiding crowds (and tourists!)

I would expect K to see a windfall as well.
June1 skiing and the World Cup are a boon to the brand.

(Damn we just had a great spring and an epic closing day...those wet weekends in May are forgotten and forgiven)
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Good for Stowe and the EPIC pass. The competition will keep our pass prices down and force improvements which obviously have to be forced by something. POWDER could not even hold their dirt cheap lease right in front of their faces at Park City by simply doing the paperwork so they need some real pressure to get motivated. The greatest debacle in skiing history. That will be a crowd sink for the flakes and posers. Like the way I view Mt. Snow the metro crowd sink. Most people do not know what to do with powder anyway. Gone in 2 hrs too tired from bad technique.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Epic local pass, 10 days at Stowe: $639
Epic full pass, unrestricted at Stowe: $849

Killington full pass: $899 until June 15

Lots of decisions being made this week. Killington should have a good idea of how they are going to fare on season passes this year very soon. In a week they are scheduled to go up $140 on a full pass.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Lots of decisions being made this week. Killington should have a good idea of how they are going to fare on season passes this year very soon. In a week they are scheduled to go up $140 on a full pass.
If they had any brains they would keep it at the current rate for maximum competitive benefit. Then again if they had any brains somebody would have looked to simply sign that paperwork rather than leave it in a fired employees desk to keep their super cheap Park City lease rather than give up their crown jewel. Sure made them powder folks look foolish. Often wrong never in doubt....in my opinion.
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

So VR got Stowe for a net of $41 million! Sounds like a bargain to me.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

hillbangin wrote:Property values go up - skiing quality goes down.

They'll probably get 50%+ more skier visits. It's going to be apocalyptically busy.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Highway Star wrote:
hillbangin wrote:Property values go up - skiing quality goes down.

They'll probably get 50%+ more skier visits. It's going to be apocalyptically busy.
The funny thing about this is that it is going to be so expensive to stay within a 1/2 hour of the hill that the free skiing is going to be irrelevant on Jan, Feb, and March weekends.

It will be interesting to watch.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

The funny thing about this is that it is going to be so expensive to stay within a 1/2 hour of the hill that the free skiing is going to be irrelevant on Jan, Feb, and March weekends.

It will be interesting to watch.
What it means it that VR is looking for other eastern resorts right now to add to the pass.