Stowe now on epic pass - $859 no Blackouts.

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Stowe now on epic pass - $859 no Blackouts.

Post by Highway Star »

Huh. Will I go to Stowe this year?

https://www.epicpass.com/passes/epic-pass.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Stowe now on epic pass - $859 no Blackouts.

Post by Bubba »

What time are you leaving?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

Don't let the door hit you on the way out! Actually on second thought I hope it knocks you down a flight of stairs...
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

I've seriously considered going, but it's very hard to find a spot in a ski house up there. I wonder if the epic pass will increase the number of people putting together share houses?
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

The Epic Pass has always been a great deal. Did it a one year but went back to the Max Pass add on for the additional NE resorts. Would seriously consider it going forward though.
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

As the wife has decided to work for the resort for the obvious benefits. I may re-allocate my usual season pass funds for EPIC, I can plan a week at Whistler, a week in Tahoe(can you say Kirkwood) and change it up occasionally with weekdays at Stowe(I love the backcountry). You wont catch me there on a weekend though.
GlacierBoy
Black Carver

Post by GlacierBoy »

We have Mountain Collective passes already but may add the Epic. As much as Killington's long season and great terrain, plus great share house memories (incl. 1 year with RustyK!), and bringing friends up to K. And staying at the K. Grand have been fun, we're moving the bulk of our days to other non-POWDR ski areas. Yes, we'll ski a few days at K. On discounted day passes but the bulk of our money has moved elsewhere. The lack of improvements and aging infrastructure and tricky trail layout at Killington just is hard to adapt to and also hard to market to friends, when other ski areas have comfy lodges, more reliable lifts, etc. etc.

Great- you can attack me for being negative, for skiing less at K. and "don't let the door hit us in the rear end", but we've been loyal and huge supporters of K. For 15+ years. I wager you all know many like us- who are not K. Locals - who have moved the bulk of their Northeast ski days away from K. You can see my historical posts as a huge supporter and fan of the World Cup. We've tried for the past 5_ years to bring friends and family to ski K. All credit to Mike, Jeff and the team to being responsive and customer-focused leaders! But time and ski infrastructure have moved on and incrementally improved elsewhere while POWDR marches in place. Life and ski days are too short to not explore other areas.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

GlacierBoy wrote:We have Mountain Collective passes already but may add the Epic. As much as Killington's long season and great terrain, plus great share house memories (incl. 1 year with RustyK!), and bringing friends up to K. And staying at the K. Grand have been fun, we're moving the bulk of our days to other non-POWDR ski areas. Yes, we'll ski a few days at K. On discounted day passes but the bulk of our money has moved elsewhere. The lack of improvements and aging infrastructure and tricky trail layout at Killington just is hard to adapt to and also hard to market to friends, when other ski areas have comfy lodges, more reliable lifts, etc. etc.

Great- you can attack me for being negative, for skiing less at K. and "don't let the door hit us in the rear end", but we've been loyal and huge supporters of K. For 15+ years. I wager you all know many like us- who are not K. Locals - who have moved the bulk of their Northeast ski days away from K. You can see my historical posts as a huge supporter and fan of the World Cup. We've tried for the past 5_ years to bring friends and family to ski K. All credit to Mike, Jeff and the team to being responsive and customer-focused leaders! But time and ski infrastructure have moved on and incrementally improved elsewhere while POWDR marches in place. Life and ski days are too short to not explore other areas.
But there going to replace the SRT next summer!!!
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

I can understand the frustration with the aging infrastructure. It is a mess. Warm sunny spring days can't be duplicated anywhere else. I'm staying in k town. Grass is always greener on the other side. I looked at that option. For now Killington is the best option for me.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Some people say that Ks complicated layout is a downside but it is actually a huge advantage not many eastern ski areas can match and what brings a lot of people back. First you have the 2000+ ft above sea level Killington base area. It ensures better snow. It might (r)ain at snowshed and be a blizzard at KBL and above. Then you have all the slopes of varying skill levels at different elevations facing in different directions ensuring the ability to escape differing weather conditions. K has never seemed to be able to simply articulate this advantage in their marketing....its complicated and probably mostly of interest to the hard core regulars who are a smaller part of the market and figure it out by themselves. Blowing a ton of snow on Superstar and having a World Cup race early season and late skiing headlines probably does the job for the masses which keep us all in the white and them in the black.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Best of luck to you GSKI. Post gnarly pics of yourself in your travels. Just remember. No pass. No day one. K is not perfect by any means. It's the best to be found on the east coast in many ways. IMHO
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Best of luck to you GSKI. Post gnarly pics of yourself in your travels. Just remember. No pass. No day one. K is not perfect by any means. It's the best to be found on the east coast in many ways. IMHO
Wow! Some people are way too defensive. My post was a YUGE endorsement of Killington. Kind of a puff piece based in reality. Probably one of the most comprehensive I have seen here.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

ANGUS wrote:Best of luck to you GSKI. Post gnarly pics of yourself in your travels. Just remember. No pass. No day one. K is not perfect by any means. It's the best to be found on the east coast in many ways. IMHO
I think you meant to say GlacierBoy who is the one that posted he is going elsewhere next season.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
ANGUS wrote:Best of luck to you GSKI. Post gnarly pics of yourself in your travels. Just remember. No pass. No day one. K is not perfect by any means. It's the best to be found on the east coast in many ways. IMHO
I think you meant to say GlacierBoy who is the one that posted he is going elsewhere next season.
GSKI wrote:
Wow! Some people are way too defensive. My post was a YUGE endorsement of Killington. Kind of a puff piece based in reality. Probably one of the most comprehensive I have seen here.
Wow! Chill people. Simply meant to convey good tidings to GSKI in his travels. This place can be worse than a southie dog pit on pay day at times.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Wow! Chill people. Simply meant to convey good tidings to GSKI in his travels.
I think its clear what you meant by your post. Just own it.