NSR: National Parks Senior Pass

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

NSR: National Parks Senior Pass

Post by Bubba »

Thanks to MrsG for pointing this out. The National Park Service has a lifetime senior pass for age 62 and higher. For $10 you get lifetime access to all National Parks at no charge for the pass holder as well as everyone else in your car. You can buy on line or, like we did today, walk into a local office (Rutland). We're heading to Maine and Acadia and that will more than pay for the pass immediately.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Re: NSR: National Parks Senior Pass

Post by tyrolean_skier »

:like
rower
Black Carver

Post by rower »

Senior pass increasing to $80. Not sure of date. The current price is $10 in person or $20 by mail.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Doria should really get credit too!! If you want to use this summer, it is suggested to try to get in person - mail could take six to eight weeks!

https://store.usgs.gov/sites/default/fi ... ceList.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

These passes are good at a lot of other places too, not just National Parks. National Historic sites, museums National Forests, etc. It is a great deal at $10. Typical Swamp Washington raising the price to $80 is pathetic, dirty and filthy-just more proof and attacks on the middle class and our greatest generation.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

CT has a senior pass for a low price for all state parks. Don't remember price because, as a disabled Veteran it is FREE. Have to provide proof of age / service etc. in one of the environmental service offices. Closest to me was Marlboro on CT Rt. 66.
Provides access to all State attractions such as the Gillette castle, beaches and camp areas.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
rower
Black Carver

Post by rower »

The Connecticut Charter Oak Pass is free for any resident over the age of 65.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Seniors can ski for free at Cannon Mountain Mon-Fri. Season passes for Seniors are dirt cheap.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
JohnAdam
Blue Chatterbox

Post by JohnAdam »

Vermont also has a comparable permanent pass. Details below:
______________________________________________________________________________________
Green Mountain Passports

A discount program for seniors and veterans.

The Passport allows free admission to Vermont State Parks (excluding overnight camping and other park fees), Vermont State Historic Sites, and events which are fully State sponsored.

To be eligible, you must be a resident of Vermont and 62 years of age or more or a veteran of the uniformed forces.

To receive your Green Mountain Passport, fill out an application, bring it to your Town Clerk’s office and pay a $2.00 fee.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
The following link is from the town of Barre for the form. The form can also be picked up at your town clerk's office.
http://www.barretown.org/Permits_Forms/ ... tion_1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Bubba wrote:Thanks to MrsG for pointing this out. The National Park Service has a lifetime senior pass for age 62 and higher. For $10 you get lifetime access to all National Parks at no charge for the pass holder as well as everyone else in your car. You can buy on line or, like we did today, walk into a local office (Rutland). We're heading to Maine and Acadia and that will more than pay for the pass immediately.

https://www.recreation.gov/marketing.do ... rview.html
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

rower wrote:The Connecticut Charter Oak Pass is free for any resident over the age of 65.
Didn't know that was a Charter Oak Pass. Wife has that one. I'm not 65 YET but got my Veteran's Pass 2 years ago. Only used it at Gillette Castle and one of the beach properties in Old Lyme.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

ME2VTSkier wrote:
Bubba wrote:Thanks to MrsG for pointing this out. The National Park Service has a lifetime senior pass for age 62 and higher. For $10 you get lifetime access to all National Parks at no charge for the pass holder as well as everyone else in your car. You can buy on line or, like we did today, walk into a local office (Rutland). We're heading to Maine and Acadia and that will more than pay for the pass immediately.

https://www.recreation.gov/marketing.do ... rview.html
It took about 3 weeks or so to get the pass processed by mail. Just arrived today.
snowmoose
Beginner On Rentals

Post by snowmoose »

called the natl park pass office in rutland today. Looks like the pass will become $80 before the summer is through. He was not sure exactly of the date. so hurry.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

snowmoose wrote:called the natl park pass office in rutland today. Looks like the pass will become $80 before the summer is through. He was not sure exactly of the date. so hurry.
Heard on the radio that the last $10 date is July 31, 2017. We picked ours up at the Springfield Armory - only $10 each - if you do by web or mail, there is a $10 processing fee! Also, if you lose your card, sorry, but you'll have to repurchase :wink:

By the way, the Armory looks worthy of a visit - we had just returned from "The Joisey Shore" so we're tired from the long drive - but we'll definitely return 8)
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

You only really need one pass for a family of four as long as you'll be traveling together. We only got one for the two of us since we assume we'll be visiting parks together. We used it at Acadia in June so the pass has already paid for itself.

As for the price increase https://store.usgs.gov/senior-pass" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Looks like 8/28 is the deadline.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe