Spring 17 Report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Spring 17 Report

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Starting on Monday April 24th the mountain collapsed down to the the Superstar chair. The silly spring season fun kicked into high gear for five weekends ending with one final salute to the season on June 1st. Good work schedule allowed me to set up base camp on the Access Road for eighteen of those days. White cold mid winter powder days are my favorite with the warm soft spring version taking second place. Relished in the endless hours of slope time waiting for that spring corn machine to start popping. Conditions that ranged from frozen chicken heads to fresh powder over the jagged mogul field were a daily test to all that came. Find your groove in the moguls and time would seem to slow down then miss one turn and you go for a Mr Toad’s Wild Ride. Ripping the lines over and over until you had a map of each and every one in your head. Then there’s the tailgating with happy hours that sometimes ended after sunset. Yes I love Spring and this one was pretty good. Thanks to my many friends that helped make this one so much fun.
Attachments
IMG_4137.jpg
IMG_4137.jpg (96.82 KiB) Viewed 711 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
liv4ski
Bumper

Re: Spring 17 Report

Post by liv4ski »

Definitely a fun Spring, thanks to you and all the others.

daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

What grade did u give this spring?
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Fun times for sure :wink: Thanks to all who contributed to great times :cool
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Gis. Thank you for the season rap up report. Nicely done and always appreciated. Enjoy the next few months before it begins again. Stay gnarly!
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Thanks to all the early risers for getting those choice spots on the access road. Loved the skiing and partying. Unfortunately I could not attend the last few days due to medical issues but I am so glad that all my friends got to ski on June 1. Thank you GIS for that last report. As always you have the right words to describe everything.

Today the bottom patch looked like this. I could only look at it (as I am still recuperating) and dream of the next coming season.
Superstar patch 061717.jpg
Superstar patch 061717.jpg (17.05 KiB) Viewed 535 times