knee doc rutland/killington

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

knee doc rutland/killington

Post by skiadikt »

knee bothering me. my doc down south put me on meloxicam, ice & light exercise etc. he wanted to refer me to a guy down there but i'm assuming the guys up here in vt have lots of experience. can any locals recommend an ortho/knee guy. thanx.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Re: knee doc rutland/killington

Post by ANGUS »

Concord Orthopaedics 1.603.224.3368 or 1.800.660.2672

They have an office in New London NH. I went to the Concord NH location. DHMC wanted to cut me open for a wrist problem. Concord ortho gave me a shot of cortisone, reviewed my MRI and solved my problem without surgery. Five years later I'm still good.

Always get a second opinion.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Cryo cuff works wonders if you can find one.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

ANGUS wrote:Concord Orthopaedics 1.603.224.3368 or 1.800.660.2672

They have an office in New London NH. I went to the Concord NH location. DHMC wanted to cut me open for a wrist problem. Concord ortho gave me a shot of cortisone, reviewed my MRI and solved my problem without surgery. Five years later I'm still good.

Always get a second opinion.
2nd Concord Orthopedics. Dr. Jones did a great job on my ankle. :like :like :like
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Vermont Ortho, part of Rutland Regional. They're really quite good. Lightheart did my knee and has a great reputation. Gammons is also top notch. Their PT has had NFL players among their patients. H had her hip replacement done by them and doesn't even think about it two years later.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Bubba wrote:Vermont Ortho, part of Rutland Regional. They're really quite good. Lightheart did my knee and has a great reputation. Gammons is also top notch. Their PT has had NFL players among their patients. H had her hip replacement done by them and doesn't even think about it two years later.
I recommend Dr. Gammons and Dr. Russell of Vermont Ortho too. They are the doctors who are at the Killington Clinic during the season. Dr. Gammons took care of me when I dislocated my shoulder and also when I broke my wrist in March.

Address: 3 Albert Cree Dr, Rutland, VT 05701
Phone: (802) 775-2937
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

Recommend VT Ortho
LINYbob
Bumper

Post by LINYbob »

Bubba wrote:Their PT has had NFL players among their patients
Are there really NFL players living up in Vermont? Rutland-Killington? Wow... never would have guessed it...
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

so basically anyone...
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

LINYbob wrote:
Bubba wrote:Their PT has had NFL players among their patients
Are there really NFL players living up in Vermont? Rutland-Killington? Wow... never would have guessed it...
A Miami Dolphin wide receiver rented a place at Trail Creek a number of years ago to do his post surgical rehab with VOC. That's how I knew about it even though it was not publicized in any way. I have no idea why VOC was chosen.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Post by killyfan »

Dr Gammons is an upper extremities guy - has deal with both of my shoulders and is fantastic. For knees, Dr. Mel Boynton at VT Ortho (former US Ski Team Dr) is the #1 choice. Dr. Lightheart is also extremely good. People, including may pro-level athletes, travel to Rutland from all over the nation to have Dr. Boynton do their knees. He is considered one of the best in the country.

At my first job in Killington I frequently (as in 5 or times a year) got to chat with pro athletes (mainly soccer and rugby) from the UK, New Zealand and Australia who came here with their coaches in tow to have Mel do their repair work. iSport for rehab is the way to go.

http://www.rrmc.org/doctors/profile/boynton-melbourne/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In a world where you can be anything, why not choose to be kind...
Keithus
Slalom Racer

Post by Keithus »

Mel Boynton at VOC put my knee back together after I suffered a total quadriceps tendon rupture three years ago. I thought I'd never walk right again, but after surgery and PT with Maureen at Vermont Sports Medicine I was skiing again the next Winter.

There's no one I trust more than Dr. Boynton!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Rutland Regional named a 'Best Regional Hospital' by U.S. News

http://vermontbiz.com/news/2017/august/ ... -286323177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Rutland Regional Medical Center announced that it has achieved a 5 Star rating for its performance in Total Knee Replacement,

http://vermontbiz.com/news/2018/january ... -286700865" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Bubba wrote: Rutland Regional Medical Center announced that it has achieved a 5 Star rating for its performance in Total Knee Replacement,

http://vermontbiz.com/news/2018/january ... -286700865" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thanks for the info bubba.

tried to get an appointment with a dr bryan huber at mansfield ortho who came highly recommended. he uses newer technology called the conformis knee which is a custom 3D imaged appliance. unfortunately he was booked until early 2019 so it looks like i'm still on for april with vt ortho in rutland.
spoiled South American skiin' whore