No wonder the Post Office is billions in debt

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

No wonder the Post Office is billions in debt

Post by f.a.s.t. »

I ran out of stamps yesterday. So I take an envelope with five pages of paper in it to the P.O., the envelope didn't have a stamp on it. I asked the clerk to weigh it to see if I needed extra postage, which he said it didn't. I buy four books of stamps and put a stamp on the envelope and gave it back to the clerk. The clerk weighed the envelope again. I asked the clerk why he weighed it again; he said to see if the extra weight of the stamp would require extra postage. Are you serious?????????????
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
Seacoaster
Bumper

Re: No wonder the Post Office is billions in debt

Post by Seacoaster »

Try dealing with them over millions of pieces of mail.........
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

I've worked with them on energy related issues. Your stamp experience doesn't even register as the tip of the iceberg.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

f.a.s.t. wrote:I ran out of stamps yesterday. So I take an envelope with five pages of paper in it to the P.O., the envelope didn't have a stamp on it. I asked the clerk to weigh it to see if I needed extra postage, which he said it didn't. I buy four books of stamps and put a stamp on the envelope and gave it back to the clerk. The clerk weighed the envelope again. I asked the clerk why he weighed it again; he said to see if the extra weight of the stamp would require extra postage. Are you serious?????????????

Please tell me that the guy was f**king with you.

BTW, can we assume that the envelope contained skiing related material and that's why you posted this on KZone? :barebutt:
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
irab82
Black Carver

Post by irab82 »

Time for a little self promotion and one of my favorite subjects - the postal service. I have this blog. I like to joke that when my mom passed away I lost 1/2 my readers. In other words, not much traffic but I post things anyway (not as much as I should). It's what I call keyboard therapy.

Here's a couple of post that deal specifically with the postal services:

http://www.irasez.com/postal-service-daze/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.irasez.com/postal-service-daze-2016/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now you all can make fun of me!
http://www.IraSez.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mriceyman
Green Skidder

Post by Mriceyman »

Dealt with the PO for bulk mail for years. They hated us for bringing them thousands of dollars of mail a day. Like we actually made them work for a change. They should/will eventually go private. Even the mailmen delivering to our house/business hates his job.. and ezpresses it freely.
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

Mriceyman wrote:Dealt with the PO for bulk mail for years. They hated us for bringing them thousands of dollars of mail a day. Like we actually made them work for a change. They should/will eventually go private. Even the mailmen delivering to our house/business hates his job.. and ezpresses it freely.
Exactly, we bring them $300,000 worth of postage and they complain about having to work. They have no concept of what a "customer" is.......
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

throbster wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:I ran out of stamps yesterday. So I take an envelope with five pages of paper in it to the P.O., the envelope didn't have a stamp on it. I asked the clerk to weigh it to see if I needed extra postage, which he said it didn't. I buy four books of stamps and put a stamp on the envelope and gave it back to the clerk. The clerk weighed the envelope again. I asked the clerk why he weighed it again; he said to see if the extra weight of the stamp would require extra postage. Are you serious?????????????

Please tell me that the guy was f**king with you.

BTW, can we assume that the envelope contained skiing related material and that's why you posted this on KZone? :barebutt:
The same clerk did the same thing a couple of years ago. I didn't ask him why back then, I thought maybe he just wanted to make sure it didn't need extra postage. This clerk is kind of strange, a nice man, but strange too.

The envelope did not contain skiing related material. It contained work related material which makes me money so I can ski.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!