Paintball and Laser Tag @ Ramshead . . . . . meh

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

jayisking
Green Skidder

Re: Paintball and Laser Tag @ Ramshead . . . . . meh

Post by jayisking »

Now they just need to combine all their summer activities into one. I'm thinking paintball guns mounted on mountain bikes, ziplines and mountain coasters, and sniping from chairlifts. For that matter, we should be playing paintball on skis in the winter. Last one untouched at the bottom gets first chair.
Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

Post by Killington_Lover »

ME2VTSkier wrote:
Killington_Lover wrote:Nothing tackier than cutting super highway trails in an otherwise largely unspoiled forest... god forbid K goes after any incremental revenue... what a bunch of morons some of you are :roll:
Says the moron whining and crying about people idling there vehicles...

Good try there bud, maybe time to get your eyes (or mind) checked out.. :seeya
Ski It If You Can!..
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

I suppose if you have no other good options for Summer Fun :sad: , paintball in a parking lot becomes attractive :roll:
That lot sure worked fine for the Equestrian event. :like

Summer Glory Days here offered some truly signature events. :like
Trike Race, Gatsby, Fishing Tournament and memorable Symphony.

Now it appears to be all about SLC and efforts at profiteering.
Nice Mulch. :lol:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Couldn't you just go to Walmart buy some paintball guns and just do your thing in the public forest?
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

icedtea wrote:Couldn't you just go to Walmart buy some paintball guns and just do your thing in the public forest?
probably not, and how much could K make off of it? again not my thing at all but plenty of families seem to do stuff like that...will they do it at K? I don't know...if you see new and expanded paintball next year, for sure...I dunno I just don't see a downside to it...it's a potential revenue generator with minimal investment...

they keep bringing this back every year:

http://www.killington.com/site/summer/a ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nothing I would ever do but it seems to be worth the time effort and space it takes to keep bringing it back...

they seem to be doing a good job expanding the summer programs each year....BIG difference from 3-4 years ago...

some/ a lot of the market is a captive market...people who have winter places but come up in summer cuz its bought and paid for...many more are leaf peepers and non skiers who are excited to ride a gondola to the peak but want to do more than just that...the K summer program adds another little something to do...

people seem to love that coaster...I thought it was pretty cool but I don't ride it unless we have non MTB guests up who want to...otherwise I opt for the bike but not everyone bikes, not even everyone in any given family....

last fall the halloween witches event was one of the most well attended events at K and somethign they look to offer more of going fwd...again nothing I am interested in at all...but it was a huge success...

back when K-1 was the only game in town and biking was rather gnarly and unforgiving for the beginner I watched K turn away hundreds of dollars when people were looking to do "something" but were not dressed properly or otherwise able/capable/willing to ride a bike on the mountain...you never want to turn away dollars...especially when turning them away also turns their eagerness to spend into disappointment...

I totally get that people want a new lift, I'd be quite happy w that myself, but harping on the summer program isn't going to bring a lift any faster... a highly successful summer program might help out in that regard though...
:Toast
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Only cost $59 for the local season pass to all the summer rides. Love to make a loop or two on the mountain coaster. Killington has filled the Summer void. Ride the Gondi for free with my winter pass. Getting too old to take up mountain biking.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Guy in Shorts wrote:Only cost $59 for the local season pass to all the summer rides. Love to make a loop or two on the mountain coaster. Killington has filled the Summer void. Ride the Gondi for free with my winter pass. Getting too old to take up mountain biking.
no yer not...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....