Post by ski »

How about a new chairlift instead . . .

"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Re: Paintball and Laser Tag @ Ramshead . . . . . meh

Post by daytripper »

Chairlifts are a significant improvement that can be used in winter and Killington does not give significant amount winter improvements.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

daytripper wrote:Chairlifts are a significant improvement that can be used in winter and Killington does not give significant amount winter improvements.
the reality is that parking lot is sitting there empty and for a minimal expenditure can possibly generate positive revenue by season's end...even one net dollar is expansion...a lift consumes revenue especially one that isn't spectacular like a gondola or bubble chair that might draw curiosity and add'l interest ( in the form of day tickets) outside of the typical ride the lift to ski customer...

nothing that interests me but I'm but one small segment of the market...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
irab82
Black Carver

Post by irab82 »

They are definitely pushing the summer market. Actually heard come to Killington for the summer radio ad running yesterday. I want to it was on WFAN but not 100% on that.
http://www.IraSez.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

It looks tacky. Respect the mountain. :|
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Will be up this weekend, will not be playing laser tag.
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

freeski wrote:It looks tacky. Respect the mountain. :|
There, at least I didn't say it first.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

madhatter wrote:
daytripper wrote:Chairlifts are a significant improvement that can be used in winter and Killington does not give significant amount winter improvements.
the reality is that parking lot is sitting there empty and for a minimal expenditure can possibly generate positive revenue by season's end...even one net dollar is expansion...a lift consumes revenue especially one that isn't spectacular like a gondola or bubble chair that might draw curiosity and add'l interest ( in the form of day tickets) outside of the typical ride the lift to ski customer...

nothing that interests me but I'm but one small segment of the market...
There ya go again, letting facts get in the way of their continuous whining.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

Post by Killington_Lover »

Nothing tackier than cutting super highway trails in an otherwise largely unspoiled forest... god forbid K goes after any incremental revenue... what a bunch of morons some of you are :roll:
Ski It If You Can!..
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

no tackier than the empty parking lot.

My local ski area has a HUGE summer business. their paintball actually runs year round now, and does pretty well. If you want to balance your revenue, you do this kind of stuff. Sure the hardcores (like many of you on this site) don't indulge in it, but many people may.
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

jimmywilson69 wrote:
no tackier than the empty parking lot.

My local ski area has a HUGE summer business. their paintball actually runs year round now, and does pretty well. If you want to balance your revenue, you do this kind of stuff. Sure the hardcores (like many of you on this site) don't indulge in it, but many people may.
I didn't find it to be attractive by any means but whatever, if it brings in a few bux more than the empty lot does it's a winner...K is doing a great job w the summer program expansion, trying new things, keeping what works, tweaking what can work and ditching what won't...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Killington_Lover wrote:Nothing tackier than cutting super highway trails in an otherwise largely unspoiled forest... god forbid K goes after any incremental revenue... what a bunch of morons some of you are :roll:
Says the moron whining and crying about people idling there vehicles...
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound

Post by ME2VTSkier »

madhatter wrote:I didn't find it to be attractive by any means but whatever, if it brings in a few bux more than the empty lot does it's a winner...K is doing a great job w the summer program expansion, trying new things, keeping what works, tweaking what can work and ditching what won't...
Hey, if they are gonna mess up the glades with the bike trails, hopefully they can fill the lots with bikers...
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

ME2VTSkier wrote:
madhatter wrote:I didn't find it to be attractive by any means but whatever, if it brings in a few bux more than the empty lot does it's a winner...K is doing a great job w the summer program expansion, trying new things, keeping what works, tweaking what can work and ditching what won't...
Hey, if they are gonna mess up the glades with the bike trails, hopefully they can fill the lots with bikers...
bike park sees a lot of use...they also run yr round day care out of rams now...rams and snowshed lots are often full on saturdays...parking roadside by superstar and at the vale lot when rams is running are also viable options now...

it would definitely be nice if , as part of major trail maintenance and renovations, they made the backsides of the berms as skier friendly as the front sides are biker friendly ...otherwise the new stuff at ramshead so far ( more to come this summer) has been a big hit...
mach es sehr schnell

ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

ME2VTSkier wrote:
Says the moron whining and crying about people idling there vehicles...
Says the moron who can't tell the difference from Killington_Lover and killyfan :roll:
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"