Blue Chatterbox

Re: FYI Caseys opened tonight

Post by Sporte »

Well who can eat steak without Parley?
Air23
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Air23 »

Couple pictures and food & drink menu...
Attachments
Caseys5.jpg
Caseys5.jpg (234.75 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
Caseys4.jpg
Caseys4.jpg (210.07 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
Caseys3.jpg
Caseys3.jpg (213.47 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
Caseys2.jpg
Caseys2.jpg (401.13 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
Caseys1.jpg
Caseys1.jpg (377.32 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
Air23
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Air23 »

Caseys take 2 + Saturday
Attachments
Sat7.8.17Lucy.jpg
Sat7.8.17Lucy.jpg (300.25 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
Sat7.817.jpg
Sat7.817.jpg (195.69 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
Caseys7.jpg
Caseys7.jpg (182.67 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
Caseys6.jpg
Caseys6.jpg (225.44 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
Caseys55.jpg
Caseys55.jpg (335.11 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

So, we went last night as a small group, needless to say we wont be back. Multiple items wrong at various stages of the meal, service was lackluster, delays on a Hotdog because the cook forgot to put it on, even though they have automated entry at the server/table level. The burgers were pretty good as well the mac n cheese. They didn't mess up the bill which was fairly heavy IMO, but it is the access road.......
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

I'm interested in trying their house G&T, although no price listed makes you wonder....

The tap list is uninspired but priced well, and Casey's house beer is apparently relabeled Genesee Cream Ale. Good prices on some of the wines, Josh Cellars at $20 a bottle is a great restaurant price.

The burgers look interesting, although I really wonder what "local lobster" is on the Mountain Lobster burger. Interesting they go to the trouble of "hand carved smoked and then steamed pastrami" on their deli burger, but have no pastrami sandwich. I'd put the pastrami on a hamburg bun and call it the "Nothing Burger".

And I don't think I'll EVER order an $11 hot dog.

Service and errors can be fixed by ski season. Way too early to condemn them on that.

*Edit:
So far for me the best resort area burger is Mr Darcy's in Ludlow. Great toppings, perfectly cooked, comes with superb truffle fries. Their 16oz ribeye is $28; Casey's 14oz is a whopping $54!!!
Last edited by Mister Moose on Jul 10th, '17, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Glad to see they're finally back. First place we ever ate in K back in Fall 92 up in the top of the caboose. We'll give it a try soon. Is the train still running?
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Air23 wrote:Caseys take 2 + Saturday
Cool pooch!
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

I like the Gin menu with various tonics and condom mints.

Will have it a try this weekend.

Is the Casey Jones Train still running around the bar?
Where is Happy Hour ?
killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Post by killyfan »

I concur! The gin menu looks outstanding! Can't wait to sample it. It's always best practice to let a new restaurant work out the kinks for about 6 months before you set foot in the door or pass harsh judgement on the service, so maybe by the new year all will be running smoothly there. Prices do not look outrageous, and I'm just happy to see somebody serving local beef. With the VT farms dwindling at an astronomical rate, our local farmers need all of our help. And yes, local meats cost more. They are way better (so I've been told...) so they are worth it. Would be nice if they switched over to local steaks, or at least offered one or two local steak options - I bet the winter patrons would snarf them up no matter what the price. $11 for a "fancy" hot dog is not outrageous, and if you need to feed a kid they had a kid dog on the menu too.

They could definitely do better with the on tap menu, though the Conehead stands out nicely there. Beer is too important to Vermonters and Vermont visitors to lame out on that part of their offerings.

P.S. That dog is AWESOME! What is he? A chow/mastiff? I think we should start a dog thread - or unearth an old one if there is one here.

P.P.S. Nice job on the renovation too - much cleaner in there!
In a world where you can be anything, why not choose to be kind...
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Train still rocking!
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

the maple breakfast stout is delicious.....I had it at Yoshi last season..and of course I love Switchback
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

RustyK wrote:I like the Gin menu with various tonics and condom mints.
Like these?
condom mints.jpg
condom mints.jpg (11.7 KiB) Viewed 1080 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Got in and we gave it a try.

Nachos were solid, Burger was good, beer selection was appropriate. I agree with a few of the comments that the pricing for the steaks seemed high, but the other items in the menu seemed appropriately priced. $12 cheeseburger and fries / $10 Nachos seems about right for the access road.

We didn't try any of the gin but the gin menu seemed to be a big hit... saw plenty of "custom" gin and tonics being made.

Based on this experience, we will be back. Glad to have another spot in the rotation.
Don't Killington Pico
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Good to see Anne bar behind the bar.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

boston_e wrote:Got in and we gave it a try.

Nachos were solid, Burger was good, beer selection was appropriate. I agree with a few of the comments that the pricing for the steaks seemed high, but the other items in the menu seemed appropriately priced. $12 cheeseburger and fries / $10 Nachos seems about right for the access road.

We didn't try any of the gin but the gin menu seemed to be a big hit... saw plenty of "custom" gin and tonics being made.

Based on this experience, we will be back. Glad to have another spot in the rotation.
never liked gin, but doing a little reading on it, it's basically herbal infused vodka, so there's no reason it can't be good...perhaps I'll give one of their specialty drinks a try one day...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....