2017 Women's World Cup

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Re: 2017 Women's World Cup

Post by skiadikt »

curious what did that world cup package cost?

also thought the 100 day'ers were supposed to get some sort of comp package. never did an email from anyone like some. probably too late now.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

skiadikt wrote:curious what did that world cup package cost?

also thought the 100 day'ers were supposed to get some sort of comp package. never did an email from anyone like some. probably too late now.
Drop a line to Mike to see what qualified the comp package. Not sure what others got but can never hurt to axe. ;)
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I have not received any tickets that were promised in an email dated Sept. 6. There is still some time before we have to use them so lets hope they are in the mail.
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

5:53 pm 11/15/17--Killington snowmakers will squeeze out another night of production before rising temperatures take the snowguns off line for a few hours on Thursday. Despite the brief warmup coming tomorrow, the mood is celebratory here at The Beast where we received final confirmation from the FIS today that the snow surface on Superstar will be ready to host the Xfinity Killington Cup on Thanksgiving weekend. :like :like
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

http://www.killington.com/site/to-do/World-Cup/FAQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

World Cup Weekend 101

Killington / Winter Activities & Lessons / World Cup / World Cup 101 / World Cup Weekend 101

MORE COWBELL

As the Audi FIS Ski World Cup Tour descends on Vermont for the second year in a row, it’s time to give thanks, Killington style. Ninety athletes representing 20 countries are expected to participate in the slalom and giant slalom events on Killington’s Superstar trail. Killington’s World Cup races will be broadcast to an audience of 2.1 million people in 60 countries. The fun doesn't stop with the races, though; the Xfinity Killington Cup weekend features two days of live music, an athelete bib presentation, autograph signing, fireworks and more all beginning Friday, November 24.

The Beast of the East has been carrying skiers and snowboarders uphill for snowy turns since November 8 and will continue to serve the skiing and riding public throughout the Thanksgiving Weekend with slightly modified mountain operations.

Read on for the inside scoop on Thanksgiving Weekend, and check the Conditions Report for real-time updates on terrain and lift expansion.

PLEASE LEAVE BAGS AT HOME

All persons and bags will be searched prior to entering the World Cup venue. We strongly suggest that you do not bring bags to the venue; priority for security screening will be given to those without bags. Persons with bags should expect long lines and wait times when entering the venue. Keep the following tips in mind when planning your arrival to the venue.
•Only bring what you absolutely need to the venue
•Arrive early; shuttle service begins at 6:30 a.m.
•Do not bring any of the following prohibited items: chairs, alcoholic beverages, glass containers, knives, weapons, laser pointers, pets, illegal drugs, or drones.

SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING

Please alert a Killington Resort staff member or event volunteer if:
•If you see a suspicious package, backpack or any other item left unattended.
•If you witness someone taking pictures of infrastructure items, access points, or other security-related activities.
•If you see behavior that strikes you as odd or out-of-place.

THE VENUE

Both World Cup races take place on the Superstar trail, finishing on the doorstep of the Roaring Brook in the heart of the festival village. As racers cross the finish line, they will meet a raucous Killington crowd surrounding the finish area and extending throughout the K-1 Base Area.

The festival village is accessible to all guests, offering excellent views of the lower race course from the foot of Superstar with two jumbo screens showing the action from the upper trail. The free viewing area is adjacent to the ticketed Grandstands and VIP area.

Please note all guests are required to go through a security checkpoint in front of K-1 Base Lodge to enter the festival village, K-1 Lodge and spectator areas and to access the ticket windows at K-1 Lodge.

This is an outdoor event – wear warm clothing and sturdy footwear. Surface conditions in the base area will be variable, including everything from snow to mud.

For information on festival village hours, race start times and a complete listing of entertainment, check out the official schedule of events and venue map.

For the enjoyment of all guests, the following items are prohibited in the World Cup festival village:
•Chairs. All spectating areas provide standing room only. ADA accessible viewing options are available, just ask a Mountain Ambassador for assistance.
•Alcoholic beverages. A variety of food and beverage options including alcohol will be available for purchase within designated areas of the festival village.
•Glass containers. Please bring drinking water in only plastic or metal containers.
•Knives. Please leave these home.
•Weapons. All weapons are prohibited.
•Laser Pointers. Use of laser pointers could interfere with the race and scheduled entertainment and endanger others. Use will result in expulsion from the event.
•Pets. We love pets and Killington is a pet-friendly resort, but given the scale of this event we ask you to leave them at home this weekend. Woof!
•Illegal Drugs. Use of illegal drugs on Killington Resort property is strictly prohibited.
•Drones. Use of drones on Killington Resort property is strictly prohibited without approval from management.
•Overnight Parking. No overnight parking is available on resort property and violators will be towed.

Please be aware that Killington Resort allows smoking in designated areas only. During World Cup Weekend, two designated smoking areas near K-1 Base Lodge will be provided; one in the parking lot and another within the festival village, located across from the Grandstand closest to K-1 Base Lodge. Signage will direct you to the appropriate smoking locations.

Grandstands and VIP Tent

These are ticketed facilities (ticket sales have concluded). The grandstands will open at 7:00 a.m. and the VIP Tent will open at 8:00 a.m. Remember, a ticket is required for everyone accessing these areas, including small children.

FRIDAY AT THE XFINITY KILLINGTON CUP

New in 2017, the festival village will open on Friday at 10:00 a.m. and Troy Ramey, a season 12 contestant on "The Voice" will headline a free Friday apres concert starting at 4:00 p.m. Troy is a native of nearby Woodstock, VT.

An Athlete Bib Presentation will take place at 5:45 p.m. with a fireworks show following the presentation to end the evening's activities, approximately at 6:15 p.m. The top 15 ranked giant slalom athletes will be presented with their start order for the giant slalom race on Saturday. Each athlete will be introduced on the stage and presented with their bib by local ski race athletes. Arrive early because it starts punctually at 5:45 p.m. and will end at 6:15 p.m. so the athletes can prepare for Saturday's races.

An autograph signing session with SHRED Optics and Resi Stiegler will take place at Killington Sports, Route 4 7:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. on Friday, November 24.

Shuttle service will be available between Snowshed Lodge and the festival village at K-1 until 9:00 p.m.

FREE DISPATCH CONCERT - SATURDAY

The DISPATCH Concert will begin after the second runs of the Giant Slalom race on Saturday afternoon. The show is expected to begin around 2:30 p.m. Saturday. Guests arriving midday for the concert will be required to go through the security checkpoint and likely be required to park in Pico or Skyeship lots along Route 4 as all other lots will likely be full; please plan accordingly. We strongly suggest that you do not bring bags to the venue; priority for security screening will be given to those without bags.

ATHLETE AUTOGRAPH SIGNINGS

Join us at Killington Sports Route 4 for an autograph signing session with SHRED Optics and Resi Stiegler 7:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. on Friday, November 24. Check the World Cup Schedule for any last minute athlete signing additions. Plan to arrive early and potentially be turned away, participating athletes are available for limited windows of time and long lines are expected.

FREE PARKING AREAS WITH SHUTTLE SERVICE - FRIDAY

Upper Access Road (Roadside Parking)
•Location: One mile stretch of Killington Road between Snowshed Lodge and K-1 Base Area. Space is extremely limited and these spots will fill up first.
•Shuttles: All shuttles pass these parking spots, wave for service – 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. – approx. every 10 minutes

Vale Road Parking Lots
•Location: Between K-1 Base Area and Ramshead Lodge on Vale Road
•Shuttles: Vale Lot Shuttles – 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. – approx. every 10 minutes

Snowshed Lodge
•Shuttles: K-1 & World Cup Venue/Snowshed Shuttle – 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. – approx. every 15 minutes

Ramshead Lodge
•Shuttles: Use walking tunnel to Snowshed for K-1 & World Cup Venue/Snowshed Shuttle – 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. – approx. every 15 minutes

FREE PARKING AREAS WITH SHUTTLE SERVICE - SATURDAY AND SUNDAY

Upper Access Road (Roadside Parking)
•Location: One mile stretch of Killington Road between Snowshed Lodge and K-1 Base Area. Space is extremely limited and these spots will fill up first.
•Services: None
•Shuttles: All shuttles pass these parking spots, wave for service – 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. – approx. every 10 minutes

Vale Road Parking Lots
•Location: Between K-1 Base Area and Ramshead Lodge on Vale Road
•Services: None
•Shuttles: Vale Lot Shuttles – 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. – approx. every 10 minutes

Snowshed Lodge
•Services: Restrooms, lift tickets, rental equipment, retail shop, food & beverage, Snow Sports School (conditions permitting)
•Shuttles: K-1 & World Cup Venue/Snowshed Shuttle – 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. – approx. every 15 minutes

Ramshead Lodge
•Services: Daycare only. Use walking tunnel to Snowshed for other services
•Shuttles: Use walking tunnel to Snowshed for K-1 & World Cup Venue/Snowshed Shuttle – 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. – approx. every 15 minutes

Skyeship Gondola Park and Ride (Route 4)
•Services: Portable toilets only; the lodge is closed
•Shuttles: Skyeship Shuttle – 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. – approx. every 20 minutes

Pico Mountain Park and Ride (Route 4)
•Available Services: Restrooms only; Pico Mountain is closed
•Shuttle Service: Pico Shuttle – 6:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m. – approx. every 20 minutes

Access Road Parking Areas

•Locations ◦The Foundry/Mad Hatters Ice Cream: 63 Summit Path, Killington, VT 05751
◦The Pickle Barrel: 1741 Killington Road, Killington, VT 05751
◦The Wobbly Barn & Auxillary Lot Across the Road: 2229 Killington Road, Killington, VT 05751

•Available Services: None
•Shuttle Service: Killington Access Road Shuttle - 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. - approx. every 15 minutes. The Barrel Rider will also be assisting with shuttle service from select lots.

SHUTTLE ROUTES - SATURDAY AND SUNDAY

While shuttle routes are clearly defined, shuttle service hours are estimated and may vary based on weather conditions and traffic volume – please plan accordingly. Our shuttle system will feature more busses than the 2016 event but we still encourage guests to arrive early. Guests staying at a property on Killington Road are encouraged to use the free Access Road Shuttle and those staying in a condominium on East Mountain Road will have their own shuttle service available. Guests driving to Killington for the event are encouraged to park and shuttle from Skyeship or Pico Mountain parking lots along Route 4.

Diamond Express Bus
•Servicing Rutland/Route 4 West/Killington Road/K-1 Lodge & World Cup Venue/Snowshed Lodge/Grand Resort Hotel
•Service approx. every half-hour 5:15 a.m. - 11:45 p.m.

K-1 & World Cup Venue/Snowshed Shuttle
•Servicing Snowshed Lodge/K-1 Lodge & World Cup Venue
•Service approx. every 15 minutes 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Vale Lot Shuttle
•Servicing K-1 Lodge & World Cup Venue/Vale Road Parking Lots
•Service approx. every 10 minutes 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Killington Access Road Shuttle
•Servicing Killington Road between the intersection of Killington & West Hill Roads/K-1 Lodge & World Cup Venue
•Service approx. every 15 minutes 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
•Wave driver for service

Skyeship Shuttle
•Servicing Skyeship Park and Ride/K-1 Lodge & World Cup Venue/Snowshed Lodge
•Service approximately every 20 minutes 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Pico Shuttle
•Servicing Pico Park & Ride/Killington Road/K-1 Lodge & World Cup Venue/Snowshed Lodge
•Service approximately every 20 minutes 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

East Mountain Road Condo Shuttle
•Servicing Highridge/Whiffletree/FallLine/Edgemont/Trail Creek/Mountain Green/ Pinnacle/K-1 Lodge & World Cup Venue/Snowshed Lodge
•Service approximately every 15 minutes 6:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

WATCH FROM HOME

We're not sure why you'd want to miss the live action but if you plan to watch the racing from home tune into NBC on November 25 at 3:00 p.m. for a replay of the Giant Slalom second run and November 26 at 1:00 p.m. for a live airing of the Slalom second run.

SKIING AND SNOWBOARDING

Killington opened for skiing and snowboarding on November 8, and while the exact amount of open terrain is difficult to predict at this time, multiple more difficult (blue square) and most difficult (black diamond) rated trails, the Reason Terrain Park and learning terrain for first-timers and small children serviced by a magic carpet will be open. We do not expect to have any other easier terrain (green circle) available for Thanksgiving weekend at this time.
Where is Happy Hour ?
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

I've got 4 extra Saturday grandstand passes if anyone is in need. I'd love to get my money back on them. Let me know and we could meet up on Friday or Sat AM.
Don't Killington Pico
Sporte
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Sporte »

I might take two. $35?
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Sporte wrote:I might take two. $35?
Yes, that would be great. I sent you a PM too..
Don't Killington Pico
champagnepow
Beginner On Rentals

Post by champagnepow »

3 Grandstand tickets and 1 parking pass - Face value for the package - $150
Can meet up Early Saturday am
K-too
Beginner On Rentals

Post by K-too »

I'll take them if you still have them! My PM didn't go through :(
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

K-too wrote:I'll take them if you still have them! My PM didn't go through :(
Not sure if you were responding to me or to Champagnepow but, I have 2 Saturday grandstand left. Just looking for "face value" ($35 each).
Don't Killington Pico
champagnepow
Beginner On Rentals

Post by champagnepow »

For some reason, it won't allow me to respond to the PM.
I don't want to get rid of the parking pass alone.
email: ptwofive@gmail.com
K-too
Beginner On Rentals

Post by K-too »

Well I was responding to Champagnepow (need 3) but if his are gone, I'll come back to you!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

champagnepow wrote:For some reason, it won't allow me to respond to the PM.
I don't want to get rid of the parking pass alone.
email: ptwofive@gmail.com
You should be good to go with PMs now.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

For the fun of it, I checked Ebay and Craigslist. There's a fair bit of aftermarket sales. Somebody is selling their VIP package for $2,000. Others are selling grandstand for a $100 mark-up, others are selling at face value.

https://vermont.craigslist.org/tix/d/ki ... 75919.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;