Snowden triple getting some more love?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Re: Snowden triple getting some more love?

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Mister Moose wrote:
jimmywilson69 wrote: Can't they just adjust the ramp? Seems like a lot of infrastructure work on the lift is being done to keep it running for a while. Changing the ramp, seems like it would be a rather inexpensive fix.
The best and cheapest solution for the height of the ramp is just a sign:

"Safety bar must be down and feet on foot rest when passing Mid-station"

(Or just let your feet slide over with the bar up, but Killington would never recommend riding the chair with the bar up)
I believe there is a sign that says something like that. I remember the first time I went over that ramp and I thought it was too scary to get off but once I tried it, it was a piece of cake as long as people didn't stop to talk at the bottom of it.
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

My own problem is that I cannot get my feet on the bar. It used to be pretty marginal in the past, but with more substantial ski cores and raised bindings there is no room between the ski base and the top of by knees to fit between the foot rest and the cross bar. So I and others I know have to swing our legs sideways or raise the bar and hold our legs (with the weight of skis, boots, bindings) in the air long enough to get by it. This requires cooperation of whomever is sitting with you, and some clearly do not want to raise the bar at that time.

I have not heard of any catastrophic leg injuries there, so I guess it works for 99% of the customers. My fear is going up just once when I am distracted or not paying attention and I become the first victim.

I am willing to deal with the midstation if they can prevent all the unnecessary stoppages and slowdowns, and get a few more FPM.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Mister Moose wrote:
jimmywilson69 wrote: Can't they just adjust the ramp? Seems like a lot of infrastructure work on the lift is being done to keep it running for a while. Changing the ramp, seems like it would be a rather inexpensive fix.

(Or just let your feet slide over with the bar up, but Killington would never recommend riding the chair with the bar up)
I've got a buddy who is 6'6. He can't put his feet on the footrest because his knees would be higher than the bar.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

daytripper wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:

I've got a buddy who is 6'6. He can't put his feet on the footrest because his knees would be higher than the bar.
Simple solution, cut off the useless foot rests...
ImageImageImageImage
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

they always felt and looked like something tacked on
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

That lift is a POS and that midstation/ramp design is ridiculous. Shouldn't have to add signs and instructions to clear that ramp? Should've built it correctly in the first place. Now just fix it. It's a simple fix. It's not rocket science. :?