Snowden triple getting some more love?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Big Bob
Postinator

Snowden triple getting some more love?

Post by Big Bob »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BV5dpTzn7Lm/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 30 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Re: Snowden triple getting some more love?

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Yup that's right new cross arms haul rope and com line. No we aren't a company named sky trans out of Massachusetts is building them for us at
Hopefully if they do the one on the mid-station, it ends up a few inches higher...
GlacierBoy
Black Carver

Post by GlacierBoy »

Great intel. Thanks. Wish the mountain would have annnounced some of these plans earlier before we locked in various passes.

Key info;
Sheave train removal .....
aterYup that's right new cross arms haul rope and com line. No we aren't --a company named sky trans out of Massachusetts is building them for us at
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

GlacierBoy wrote:Great intel. Thanks. Wish the mountain would have annnounced some of these plans earlier before we locked in various passes.

Key info;
Sheave train removal .....
aterYup that's right new cross arms haul rope and com line. No we aren't --a company named sky trans out of Massachusetts is building them for us at
this is MILES past piss yer pants funny...OH < YEAH.....like a lift revision would have altered your pass choice. WAIT!...I heard theyre planning to downgrade from two ply to one ply bum wipe...THERE....now you have something truly VITAL with which to make your pass decision........tubesteak...
Attachments
heywood.jpg
heywood.jpg (5.65 KiB) Viewed 2057 times
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Very overdue
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

Saw they had pulled the chairs and cable when I was a K1 last week and wondered what was up. Why didn't they do this when they put the midstation in a couple of years ago? Would have saved some big $$.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

I am under the impression that KSC paid for the mods a few years back, while this sort of maintenance is clearly under Killington's purview. They redid the haul rope on SS not long ago. I assume they have to do this every X number of hours. Changing the sheaves probably makes the line a bit different in length as well, so perhaps they also need to change for that reason as well. Sure would love to see how they do the splice. I'm under the impression that there are very few people in the world qualified for that job.
RedRider
Postaholic

Post by RedRider »

I took these pictures on Thursday 8/3

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go that way, really fast.
If something gets in your way, turn.

Shortski is the Supreme Master of the Universe!!
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Yet another claim to fame for Killington!

"Home of the most expensive 45 year old Triple Chair in the world!!!"
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

what a tool.....what are you?...writing the phukin checks?....
Attachments
doucheville.jpg
doucheville.jpg (31.85 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

I was checking the lift last weekend. Basically they are replacing everything but the poles. They should replace the implements of pain they call chairs and it will essentially be a new lift.

Oh and let's see if they wait until November to finish the work.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

throbster wrote: They should replace the implements of pain they call chairs and it will essentially be a new lift.
Somehow the subterranean motor room through the basement bulkhead door will never say "new lift" to me.
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

If the system keeps on stopping the chair so often even on calm dry days, it will simply be another 45 year slow and old poorly managed chair. And located right next to their number one lodge where many customers can't miss it, and say - why is there a long line at the gondola and that chair is not running? Or - why does it stop so often when it does run? Why is it so slow? Why do I have to risk breaking my legs when I reach the midstation? These observations and questions are what customers take home with them, and it forms the basis for their next ski trip decision. Great way to grow the business. Geez, KBL is their number one lodge? That says it all.

So let's see what transpires this fall. Recognizing that a lot of work is being done across two years, maybe there will be a noticeable improvement.

One issue that will help keep that rope rolling is to have a person at the gate during peak times giving clear instructions on when to move on to the ramp and to keep moving quickly in order to reach the green line before you get hammered by the chair. You do not need an extra body there all day, because once you get the message across for about two peak hours, all those people who heard and learned will have a much better chance of doing it well and safely on their own each time they come back to that chair. But knowing how hard it is to get enough staff on board just to run enough chairs, I doubt if anything will be done to help loading. K ops must think it is better to have people getting kicked off the ramp so often.

I bet there are a lot of mountain ambassadors who are capable of being trained to give instruction in this manner. As well as encourage people to clear the area at the top of the snowdon quad so the top lifties do not feel the urge to stop the chair. Station an ambassador at the bottom of the triple and top of the quad during peak busy hours, and I bet everything runs smoother.
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

I'm short, and didn't notice an issue with the mid-station ramp. Its obviously a problem as stated here many times.

Can't they just adjust the ramp? Seems like a lot of infrastructure work on the lift is being done to keep it running for a while. Changing the ramp, seems like it would be a rather inexpensive fix.
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

jimmywilson69 wrote: Can't they just adjust the ramp? Seems like a lot of infrastructure work on the lift is being done to keep it running for a while. Changing the ramp, seems like it would be a rather inexpensive fix.
The best and cheapest solution for the height of the ramp is just a sign:

"Safety bar must be down and feet on foot rest when passing Mid-station"

(Or just let your feet slide over with the bar up, but Killington would never recommend riding the chair with the bar up)