Learn to Ride mountain bike package

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

RustyK
Whipping Post

Learn to Ride mountain bike package

Post by RustyK »

Here at Killington, we love our Season Pass holders! :lol: We also love our newly expanded Bike Park, and we want you to love it too. As a special bonus, we’re offering all 16-17 and 17-8 Killington and Pico winter Season Pass holders a Learn to Ride Mountain Bike Package for only $29.

Our Learn to Ride Packages include everything you need to get out in the Bike Park and ride, including:
• 2 hour lesson with a mountain bike instructor
• Full-day bike and protective gear rental
• Full-day Snowshed lift and trail access
It's a perfect way for Bike Park first-timers to get started – covering everything from bike handling to reading the terrain. And don't worry, your instructor will make sure your're comfortable on the bike before bringing you up the Snowshed Express Quad for your first run down Easy Street.

This package is a $125 value, and is available Monday through Friday for the rest of the season (excluding September 4 and October 9). Offer valid for the pass holder only, sorry, no friends and family at this rate.

All you have to do is visit the Snowshed Sales Center and mention this email, or call Central Reservations at 1-800-621-6867 to reserve your spot.

We hope you’ll take advantage of this offer, and learn to love riding Killington Bike Park just as much as you love skiing at Killington in the winter.
Where is Happy Hour ?
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Re: Learn to Ride mountain bike package

Post by jimmywilson69 »

That's cool...
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Very cool....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

also for any locals w kids:
VERMONT RESIDENT YOUTH SEASON PASS
Youth (ages 18 and under) residents of Vermont are entitled to special savings on a Killington Bike Park season pass and seasonal downhill bike rental allowing bike park access with or without a rental all summer long Monday-Friday excluding September 4 and October 9, 2017.

Bike Park Season Pass: $79
Downhill Bike Rental Season Pass Add-On: $99

Plus, receive these special perks:

10% off retail and food/beverage purchases at Killington resort owned outlets. Valid for pass holder only.
Bring up to two friends per day for 50% off a lift and trail ticket or learn to bike lesson. Not valid weekends, September 4, 2017 or September 3, 2017.
Get 50% off a learn to bike lesson. Valid for pass holder only. Not valid weekends, September 4, 2017 or September 3, 2017.
Downhill Bike Rental Season Pass Details:

Available as an add-on to the Vermont Resident Youth Bike Park Season Pass only.
Season bike rental is valid for single day bike use at Killington Resort only. Bikes may not be taken off the property and must be returned to the bike shop each day.
Season bike rental purchasers are responsible for any damage that occurs to the bike during use. A damage waiver may be purchased on a daily basis for $17/day.
Season bike rental purchasers may upgrade to a performance bike for $20/day. Performance bikes are only available in select sizes.
Proof of eligibility will be required for pass pick up. Purchasers will be required to present proof of residency by presenting a Vermont driver's license or non-driver I.D. card. Sorry, utility bills or other similar documents are not accepted. Minors must have a parent or legal guardian present proof of eligibility.
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I got that email too but won't be able to take advantage of it. Very busy summer down here and the possible weekends we might be up in the fall you cannot use it.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

madhatter wrote:also for any locals w kids:
Youth (ages 18 and under) residents of Vermont are entitled to special savings on a Killington Bike Park season pass and seasonal downhill bike rental allowing bike park access with or without a rental all summer long Monday-Friday excluding September 4 and October 9, 2017.

10% off retail and food/beverage purchases at Killington resort owned outlets. Valid for pass holder only.
Bring up to two friends per day for 50% off a lift and trail ticket or learn to bike lesson. Not valid weekends, September 4, 2017 or September 3, 2017.
Get 50% off a learn to bike lesson. Valid for pass holder only. Not valid weekends, September 4, 2017 or September 3, 2017.

Available as an add-on to the Vermont Resident Youth Bike Park Season Pass only.
Season bike rental is valid for single day bike use at Killington Resort only. Bikes may not be taken off the property and must be returned to the bike shop each day.
Season bike rental purchasers are responsible for any damage that occurs to the bike during use. A damage waiver may be purchased on a daily basis for $17/day.
Season bike rental purchasers may upgrade to a performance bike for $20/day. Performance bikes are only available in select sizes.
Proof of eligibility will be required for pass pick up. Purchasers will be required to present proof of residency by presenting a Vermont driver's license or non-driver I.D. card. Sorry, utility bills or other similar documents are not accepted. Minors must have a parent or legal guardian present proof of eligibility.
You'd think they would try to get more adults into it.

But no.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Well I took the bait and have my tickets for this Wednesday. Time to throw my body down Killington on a set of wheels and see if I can survive. Wish me luck.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

SnoBrdr wrote:

But no.
We also love our newly expanded Bike Park, and we want you to love it too. As a special bonus, we’re offering all 16-17 and 17-8 Killington and Pico winter Season Pass holders a Learn to Ride Mountain Bike Package for only $29.

Our Learn to Ride Packages include everything you need to get out in the Bike Park and ride, including:
It's a perfect way for Bike Park first-timers to get started – covering everything from bike handling to reading the terrain. And don't worry, your instructor will make sure your're comfortable on the bike before bringing you up the Snowshed Express Quad for your first run down Easy Street.
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

madhatter wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

But no.
We also love our newly expanded Bike Park, and we want you to love it too. As a special bonus, we’re offering all 16-17 and 17-8 Killington and Pico winter Season Pass holders a Learn to Ride Mountain Bike Package for only $29.

Obviously if they are offering it to all ages then I misread it.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Guy in Shorts wrote:Well I took the bait and have my tickets for this Wednesday. Time to throw my body down Killington on a set of wheels and see if I can survive. Wish me luck.
It's a lot of fun! :like Good luck...
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

RENO wrote:
Guy in Shorts wrote:Well I took the bait and have my tickets for this Wednesday. Time to throw my body down Killington on a set of wheels and see if I can survive. Wish me luck.
see ya out there!!!!

except ya know it's today at 10 am....at snowshed and no scoops...there will be madhatter though...

DICLAIMER:madhatter and madhatter's scoops are entirely different entities and unrelated in any way...
mach es sehr schnell

RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

madhatter wrote:
RENO wrote:
see ya out there!!!!

except ya know it's today at 10 am....at snowshed and no scoops...there will be madhatter though...

DICLAIMER:madhatter and madhatter's scoops are entirely different entities and unrelated in any way...
Good ice cream. Maple Walnut... :like
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Kudos - how did it go . . . if I make it up there before this offer expires, I'm seriously thinking of giving it a try 8)
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

MrsG wrote:
Kudos - how did it go . . . if I make it up there before this offer expires, I'm seriously thinking of giving it a try 8)
Highly recommended as it was great fun. They supply the bike, helmet, elbow and knee pads as well as a two hour lesson on the basic skills needed. I was very comfortable riding down all the Snowshed trails. Took one small digger when I got a little heavy on the brake. The one thing that I needed to bring was a pair of riding gloves. Hands got tired due to my self preservation death grip. Would also wear a long-sleeved wicking shirt rather then the short-sleeved one that had on. First class bikes, instruction and trails. Thanks Killington!

Special thanks to Madhatter who spent most of his day assisting myself and two other first timers.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
MrsG wrote:
Highly recommended as it was great fun. They supply the bike, helmet, elbow and knee pads as well as a two hour lesson on the basic skills needed. I was very comfortable riding down all the Snowshed trails. Took one small digger when I got a little heavy on the brake. The one thing that I needed to bring was a pair of riding gloves. Hands got tired due to my self preservation death grip. Would also wear a long-sleeved wicking shirt rather then the short-sleeved one that had on. First class bikes, instruction and trails. Thanks Killington!

Special thanks to Madhatter who spent most of his day assisting myself and two other first timers.
any time...all three of you said the same thing about the hands by the end of the day...
mach es sehr schnell