What a shitty day...

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

BoozeTan
Guru Poster

What a shitty day...

Post by BoozeTan »

The Juice is loose and Chester Bennington of Linkin Park was found dead by hanging this morning...it also happens to be Chris Cornell's birthday, he would have been 53
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Re: What a shitty day...

Post by daytripper »

With talent comes problems unfortunately....was he still touring with STP?
machski
Black Carver

Post by machski »

daytripper wrote:With talent comes problems unfortunately....was he still touring with STP?
I believe he was out with LP supporting their latest record.
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

Chester was Close with Cornell. He was a godfather of one his children.

WTF...

I feel bad when people, anyone, gets to a point where they think that is the only way. I don't understand it... Vibes to the Cornell and Bennington Families.
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

BoozeTan wrote:The Juice is loose and Chester Bennington of Linkin Park was found dead by hanging this morning...it also happens to be Chris Cornell's birthday, he would have been 53
Worse for the six kids and a wife he left behind.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Huge loss of talent for sure.

Saw Soundgarden at The Oakdale in Wallingford, CT. a couple of years ago. Amazing.

Will pay tribute to them (kinda) by seeing Joan Jett and Boston at the same venue tomorrow night.
Where is Happy Hour ?
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I think these guys were very selfish to end their life instead of dealing with their problems. They never thought about the families they left behind and the problems they may face without their presence. I feel very bad for their families.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

tyrolean_skier wrote:I think these guys were very selfish to end their life instead of dealing with their problems. They never thought about the families they left behind and the problems they may face without their presence. I feel very bad for their families.
Couldn't agree more.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

SnoBrdr wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:I think these guys were very selfish to end their life instead of dealing with their problems. They never thought about the families they left behind and the problems they may face without their presence. I feel very bad for their families.
Couldn't agree more.
if they had the capacity and wherewithal to think about all that they probably would still be here...unfortunately its a fact that given the opportunity some will choose to self destruct or otherwise hasten the inevitable unnecessarily....doesn't make it any more or less tragic, especially for those directly affected...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

madhatter wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
Couldn't agree more.
if they had the capacity and wherewithal to think about all that they probably would still be here...unfortunately its a fact that given the opportunity some will choose to self destruct or otherwise hasten the inevitable unnecessarily....doesn't make it any more or less tragic, especially for those directly affected...
"Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington said in his final interview he would “fight” his depression rather than “give up” — two months before he took his own life."

""I came to a point in my life where I was like, 'I can either just give up and f---ing die or I can f---ing fight for what I want.' And I chose to fight for what I wanted," Bennington said in the interview obtained by The Mirror. "I wanted to have good relationships. I wanted to love the people in my life. I wanted to enjoy my job."

"I wanted to enjoy being a dad and having friends and getting up in the morning," he continued. "Because that was a struggle for me.""