New lifts for 2017/2018

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

throbster
Postaholic

New lifts for 2017/2018

Post by throbster »

http://blog.liftopia.com/13-new-ski-lif ... _new_lifts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Re: New lifts for 2017/2018

Post by skiadikt »

will make that list next summer :-)
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

skiadikt wrote:will make that list next summer :-)
:like :like
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Article says that Vail will be getting it's 10th new lift since 2007!
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

I love the new detachable chair at Alta that replaces the Supreme and Cecret chairs, and it will reach down to Alf's. More laps on sweet terrain, less hassles for all concerned. Makes the switch between Supreme and Sugarloaf easy. I guess I will have to back again this winter to try it out myself. Going to have a small bend in the line, but not like the SRQ had.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

Eldora gets the lift...Killington gets....squat. Thanks , Powdr....( who happen to own both...)
Attachments
barbedwirefinger.jpg
barbedwirefinger.jpg (6.61 KiB) Viewed 937 times
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

:evil:

Where is Happy Hour ?
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

Not to mention the big lift bucks once again going to Copper. It now seems painfully clear to K customers that the village project is holding up anything for the Snowdon embarassments called chairlifts.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

RustyK wrote::evil:

good times....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

madhatter wrote:

good times....
nope...BEST times. No weekend tourons...bringing never evers up the chair and watching them grin like halloween pumpkins...Jug to Jug Handle....with permagrin firmly in place.....
Attachments
snowdick.jpg
snowdick.jpg (29.63 KiB) Viewed 884 times
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:
madhatter wrote:

good times....
nope...BEST times. No weekend tourons...bringing never evers up the chair and watching them grin like halloween pumpkins...Jug to Jug Handle....with permagrin firmly in place.....
ha! we had a house in B'water, we'd always get em by telling a story that got em looking back to see the house just as we came to the mid turn... :banana: :banana: :mrgreen:
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

da Pimp wrote:Not to mention the big lift bucks once again going to Copper. It now seems painfully clear to K customers that the village project is holding up anything for the Snowdon embarassments called chairlifts.
How is The Village holding up a SRT replacement? Or a Glades triple upgrade? Or a KBL lodge rebuild? And as long a horizon as there is to finish permitting, find a developer and build out and sell phase 1, (which is all down by Snowshed) what difference does it make on replacing one of Snowdon's lifts? (Especially the Snowdon triple, where its base is not likely to change much given the proximity to the Gondola and the lack of new development that can happen there without disturbing the Gondola as well)

I think other factors are at work.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Mister Moose wrote:
da Pimp wrote:Not to mention the big lift bucks once again going to Copper. It now seems painfully clear to K customers that the village project is holding up anything for the Snowdon embarassments called chairlifts.
How is The Village holding up a SRT replacement? Or a Glades triple upgrade? Or a KBL lodge rebuild? And as long a horizon as there is to finish permitting, find a developer and build out and sell phase 1, (which is all down by Snowshed) what difference does it make on replacing one of Snowdon's lifts? (Especially the Snowdon triple, where its base is not likely to change much given the proximity to the Gondola and the lack of new development that can happen there without disturbing the Gondola as well)

I think other factors are at work.
the snowdon triple is the more logical lift to replace. but didn't they do more work on it this summer. can't see it being replaced if they upgraded it.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

madhatter wrote:
yiddle on da fiddle wrote:
madhatter wrote:

good times....
ha! we had a house in B'water, we'd always get em by telling a story that got em looking back to see the house just as we came to the mid turn... :banana: :banana: :mrgreen:
yep, that was one of my fav things to do to first timers to K...distract them going into the turn and watch them freak out
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

My feeling is that the demand for having a village lift access point is thought to be accomplished with a snowdon quad extension. POWDR has been carrying the uncertainty of the village project over into their lack of capital commitment for updating that sorry quad until the long term plan unfolds. And now with a certain degree of momentum swing on the village, I doubt if anything will happen on snowdon until the village is built up enough to warrant a chair investment.

POWDR has a 30% stake for investment into the village. Do you think they want to invest their capital solely into the construction of the village, or invest a chunk of their 30% commitment into a lift improvement required by the village? Better off spending some capital on mountain ops, and not to reduce SP Land capital requirements.

Purely from my point of view (which would make all customers happy), I would love to see the K1 gondola extended down to a village pickup. Upgrade the snowdon quad now where it stands.

The biggest problem yet to unfold is where to put all the customer cars in the future state. POWDR will create a huge demand, and charge you dearly to park at K1. Maybe even anywhere else except for Bear, Skyeship, Pico. We will all soon forget about snowdon quad discussions when we cannot get to/from a lodge or the lifts without major hassles or cost. I hate to sound so negative, but I am still waiting to see where the future state existing car volume would park, let alone the increase in attendance that they are trying to create.