Beast of the East Pro GRT this weekend july 27-30

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

madhatter
Signature Poster

Beast of the East Pro GRT this weekend july 27-30

Post by madhatter »

Top mountain bikers from around the world will be competing in the USA Cycling Pro Gravity downhill event at the Killington Bike Park. Competitors will battle it out on the Goat Skull trail at Ramshead Mountain during this USA Cycling sanctioned event.

For more information, please visit killington.com/progrt
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
RustyK
Whipping Post

Re: Beast of the East Pro GRT this weekend july 27-30

Post by RustyK »

So will the Snowshed mountain biking trails be closed because of this event?

Was thinking about coming up....
Where is Happy Hour ?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

RustyK wrote:So will the Snowshed mountain biking trails be closed because of this event?

Was thinking about coming up....
http://www.killington.com/site/mountain ... ummer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please note, Goat Skull will be closed Thursday, July 27-Sunday, July 30 for the Pro GRT event. All other trails will remain open.
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

from what I heard yesterday they can still use some course monitors for the race this weekend if anyone wants to volunteer...there are perks including vouchers and being up close to the best action....not sure what the whole deal is...
mach es sehr schnell

RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Saw the competition from the Rams head chair Sunday. The trail monitors blow whistles after a person rides by them. Never knew that.

Some trail were closed at Rams. Side Show Bob trail was great. Headed over to Bear for Yo Vinnie and others. The trails at Rams and Snowshed are more fun and a little easier than that old single track up top.

Did the zip line 5 times. Good to see the regulars at the Cooler in the mountains.

Never saw anyone actually get up on the water jet thing in the pond.

Congrats to Captain Hafski and his wedding band!

Casey's Caboose. Exactly how you remembered it. (with some new varnish). At least it's open again.
Where is Happy Hour ?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

RustyK wrote:Saw the competition from the Rams head chair Sunday. The trail monitors blow whistles after a person rides by them. Never knew that.

Some trail were closed at Rams. Side Show Bob trail was great. Headed over to Bear for Yo Vinnie and others. The trails at Rams and Snowshed are more fun and a little easier than that old single track up top.

Did the zip line 5 times. Good to see the regulars at the Cooler in the mountains.

Never saw anyone actually get up on the water jet thing in the pond.

Congrats to Captain Hafski and his wedding band!

Casey's Caboose. Exactly how you remembered it. (with some new varnish). At least it's open again.
you rode yo vinnie?
mach es sehr schnell

Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

I didn't get a chance to watch any of the races. I'm not much a spectator anyway. But I did talk to some of the racers on the lift rides up Saturday. I was a bit surprised to hear Goat Skull is considered too easy. Regardless, I had an awesome long weekend riding. Rode Pine Hill with my 11 year old on Thursday before breaking out the dh rig at K. Rode DH Friday and Saturday both with my little one and alone. Then took a dip at Thundering Falls with the girls and dog. Rode GMT yesterday, then rode dh with my kid. GMT was fantastic. Awesome place to ride. Highlight of the weekend. I hooked up with a couple great riders and did some of the best riding all year. It is a must do up here.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

course preview w local DH'r Jordan Newth

and congrats to K riders Mazie Hayden first place in her class and Will Goody 3rd in his class...

Folks who frequent the park might have run into this young gal on the trails over the past few years. Mazie Hayden just placed 2nd among all female competitors at the USA Cycling Beast of the East GRT at Killington... Including pros from Europe and around the US (btw, she's 16).

Watch out, here she comes !
results and video from pinkbike...

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/killingto ... video.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

madhatter wrote:
RustyK wrote:.
you rode yo vinnie?
Some walking required on Vinnie. Bailed to Snakebite.

Those trails have not changed much since they had numbers instead of names.

I can do that knarly stuff in CT. Really like the groomed stuff on Rams. Looking forward to Krusty in the fall.

Hope I can find them in the winter now...
Where is Happy Hour ?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

RustyK wrote:
madhatter wrote:
you rode yo vinnie?

I can do that knarly stuff in CT. Really like the groomed stuff on Rams. Looking forward to Krusty in the fall.

I never ride yo vinnie...or chunnel...
mach es sehr schnell

Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

RustyK wrote:
madhatter wrote:
you rode yo vinnie?

Mountain bike trails typically don't make the best ski lines because the traverse the fall line and they are not that steep no matter how steep they feel on a bike. Yo Vinny only has 1 good hidden shoot at the end and you have to work for it. I am sure you've hit the funny bone shoot and didn't even know it. That gets poached right away.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

preview of this weekends mont st anne DH course:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/mont-sain ... -2017.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gnar...
mach es sehr schnell