tragedy in gaysville/stockbridge

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: tragedy in gaysville/stockbridge

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Highway Star wrote:Clearly they knocked down a local distribution line which is typically on a pole and can be in the tens of thousands of volts. In this case, it sounds like the branch acted as a conductor from the line to a "piece of equipment", possibly with rubber tires and not grounded, and then through his body and into the ground. If he had moist shoes on with a hand on the equipment, even a 200v (after voltage drop in the rest of the circuit) potential across his body would have produced enough current to kill him very quickly.
H/S understands the basic issues. Local distribution in that area in that area can run as high as 46,000 volts. He are a couple of shots of fork truck operator proving H/S correct. Note the rubber tires are intact.
Attachments
dead1.jpg
dead1.jpg (92.89 KiB) Viewed 278 times
dead2.jpg
dead2.jpg (113.55 KiB) Viewed 278 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
eagle628
Green Skidder

Post by eagle628 »

On a list of things I did not expect to see on a ski forum, a charred body would have been pretty high. Always expect the unexpected I guess.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

madhatter wrote:HS has the most likely scenario though I believe the line wasn't knocked down but merely came in contact w the equipment after being hit by the branch either by conduction or direct contact...
Yes after re-reading it sounds like the branch was the conductor and the line stayed in place.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Madhatter. I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor. Details don't matter. Sounds like he was a talented guy. The world needs more good people that can weld and fabricate. Tragic loss. Makes a person realize how precious life is.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

eagle628 wrote:On a list of things I did not expect to see on a ski forum, a charred body would have been pretty high. Always expect the unexpected I guess.
Sorry for the stark brutal reminder of the power that flows thru those pesky wires. Thank goodness none of my actions have ever resulted in a serious injury or death. Sometimes I need to be reminded of the results if I make an error.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.