Killington Brewfest Sat Sep 30

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

RustyK
Whipping Post

Re: Killington Brewfest Sat Sep 30

Post by RustyK »

Important Information

Participants must be at least 21 years of age and a valid ID with proof of age is required for all.

Brewfest staff may check your ID at any time during the festival.

We reserve the right to deny alcohol to anyone and remove anyone from the property.

•Beer samples will only be poured into 5 ounce, souvenir tasting glasses

•Beers under 9% ABV:
◦4 ounce sample = 1 ticket

•Beers over 9% ABV:
◦4 ounce sample = 2 tickets
Where is Happy Hour ?
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Bring you rubbers..Looks like some r*in...

REST OF TODAY Sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. Northwest winds around 10 mph.

TONIGHT Partly cloudy with a chance of showers until midnight, then cloudy with showers likely after midnight. Lows in the lower 40s. Light and variable winds. Chance of r*in 70 percent.

SATURDAY Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 50s. Light and variable winds.

SATURDAY NIGHT Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. Light and variable winds.

SUNDAY Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 60s. Light and variable winds.
Where is Happy Hour ?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

No beer here. It's Yom Kippur.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

Likewise.....L'Shanah Tovah...to any and all...
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Another good one. Always good to see all the winter peeps.

Locals at the UBar as usual.

Joey was rawkin.

Mountain biking on Sunday was challenging.

And Jager...
Where is Happy Hour ?
laxxer27
Green Skidder

Post by laxxer27 »

Mister Moose wrote:
laxxer27 wrote:

How is Foley? I heard the tasting room has a shitty setup from quite a few people. Unless they are getting it mixxed up with another brewery

We may hit up Otter Creek and Hoppin on the way back. Possibly Foley too i suppose
Foley's is small. I've never had a bad experience, but I can see where more than 8 cars they might get overwhelmed. It's just a small tasting room where you can get a pint, a flight or a growler. They don't update their Facebook page all the time, and they don't answer the phone all the time. However the beer (IPAs) can be exceptional when fresh. Usual hours are 11-5 Thurs - Sun (I think) , but check Facebook.

If you're going to go all the way to Otter Creek, might as well go to Fiddlehead, especially if they have something like Second Fiddle.
made the stop at Foley. thanks for the recomendation and also from madhatter. it was a great little place, only a group of college kids there about 3pm on friday. Hop n moose was also a good spot for some grub
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

laxxer27 wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
laxxer27 wrote:

How is Foley? I heard the tasting room has a shitty setup from quite a few people. Unless they are getting it mixxed up with another brewery

We may hit up Otter Creek and Hoppin on the way back. Possibly Foley too i suppose
Foley's is small. I've never had a bad experience, but I can see where more than 8 cars they might get overwhelmed. It's just a small tasting room where you can get a pint, a flight or a growler. They don't update their Facebook page all the time, and they don't answer the phone all the time. However the beer (IPAs) can be exceptional when fresh. Usual hours are 11-5 Thurs - Sun (I think) , but check Facebook.

If you're going to go all the way to Otter Creek, might as well go to Fiddlehead, especially if they have something like Second Fiddle.
made the stop at Foley. thanks for the recomendation and also from madhatter. it was a great little place, only a group of college kids there about 3pm on friday. Hop n moose was also a good spot for some grub
what about the beer?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
laxxer27
Green Skidder

Post by laxxer27 »

madhatter wrote:
laxxer27 wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
laxxer27 wrote:

Beer was good as usual. Grabbed a few 4 packs of Prospect. They had Prospect, Mutiny, Under the moon, Citrennial, Hawaiian King, Pieces of Eight, Skeleton crew, Prawpuh Ruby and Stone Milled Ale on tap. I live near Springfield, Ma and we get Mutiny quite a bit in 22oz but nothing else really heads south to MA.

As for the brewfest I like Foolproof Brewing out of RI. I see it once in a great while in Western MA. Was surprised to see them up there. Most of the beer at the Fest Ive had at one time or another. I was digging all the sours from Hermit Thrush. Its only about an hour from me but I rarely get there.

One thing that irked me was Burlington Beer company ran out like an hour into the fest. How does that happen?
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

good time for sure, didnt seem as busy as past years, not sure if it sold out. Disappointed that Switchback was not there this year. I heard a few others asking where they were as well...
Last edited by BoozeTan on Oct 3rd, '17, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
laxxer27
Green Skidder

Post by laxxer27 »

BoozeTan wrote:good time for sure, didnt seem as busy in past years, not sure if it sold out. Disappointed that Switchback was not there this year. I heard a few others asking where they were as well...
It was not sold out, hard to tell if busier than last year because it is so spread out.