Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Killington Brewfest Sat Sep 30

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:
madhatter wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote: This is going to give me nightmares all weekend............any beer is good beer, even cheap beer.
not all beer is good, not even expensive beer...I've had more than one 10 dollar disgusting beer but never any 1 dollar awesome beers...nonetheless you should stop by this winter....
Sample cup season usually starts sometime around St Patty's day.
it's still going on now in limited circles...looks to be heading toward perpetuity...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Mister Moose wrote:
madhatter wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote: This is going to give me nightmares all weekend............any beer is good beer, even cheap beer.
not all beer is good, not even expensive beer...I've had more than one 10 dollar disgusting beer but never any 1 dollar awesome beers...nonetheless you should stop by this winter....
Sample cup season usually starts sometime around St Patty's day.
I have a Max Pass this year, good for 5 days at K and 5 at Pico. I'll be at K more this year than in a long time. I'll bring some pounders to pass around.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
Captain Hafski
Poster Child Poster

Post by Captain Hafski »

Gonna miss it. Camping up north.

But have some ice cold Headys, Sips, and Night Shift "the 87" in my cooler.

Might have a Founders session or two in there as well.

Kicking myself forgetting about PBR.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Roll Call for the brewfest weekend I guess....weather looks good.

Some Mtn Biking I hope on Sunday.

What else is going on this weekend other than the fest?

I see The Pickle is gonna open with Jamie.

FRIDAY NIGHT Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s.
SATURDAY Partly sunny. Highs around 60.
SATURDAY NIGHT Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s.
SUNDAY Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 60s.
Where is Happy Hour ?
KnuckleDragger
Powderhound

Post by KnuckleDragger »

I have an extra Brewfest VIP ticket. If anyone needs one, let me know.
laxxer27
Green Skidder

Post by laxxer27 »

Anybody see the list for the brewfest yet? I think we are heading up Friday afternoon and hitting the Hoppin Moose in Rutland.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

laxxer27 wrote:Anybody see the list for the brewfest yet? I think we are heading up Friday afternoon and hitting the Hoppin Moose in Rutland.
kettle on a stump was pretty good...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

We cannot make it because it's parents weekend at Boston College.
laxxer27
Green Skidder

Post by laxxer27 »

madhatter wrote:
laxxer27 wrote:Anybody see the list for the brewfest yet? I think we are heading up Friday afternoon and hitting the Hoppin Moose in Rutland.
thanks, i will have try it then.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

laxxer27 wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Take the 20 minute drive up to Foley Brothers in Brandon (11-5). Or check Terrill St Beverages in Rutland for Prospect, just canned for only the 3rd time.

No beer list on the website yet...
laxxer27
Green Skidder

Post by laxxer27 »

Mister Moose wrote:
laxxer27 wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Take the 20 minute drive up to Foley Brothers in Brandon (11-5). Or check Terrill St Beverages in Rutland for Prospect, just canned for only the 3rd time.

No beer list on the website yet...
How is Foley? I heard the tasting room has a shitty setup from quite a few people. Unless they are getting it mixxed up with another brewery

We may hit up Otter Creek and Hoppin on the way back. Possibly Foley too i suppose
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Mr. Madhatter brew tasting on lawn chairs at the base of Superstar on a sunny spring day: EPIC! Very much appreciated and memorable.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

laxxer27 wrote:

How is Foley? I heard the tasting room has a shitty setup from quite a few people. Unless they are getting it mixxed up with another brewery

We may hit up Otter Creek and Hoppin on the way back. Possibly Foley too i suppose
Foley's is small. I've never had a bad experience, but I can see where more than 8 cars they might get overwhelmed. It's just a small tasting room where you can get a pint, a flight or a growler. They don't update their Facebook page all the time, and they don't answer the phone all the time. However the beer (IPAs) can be exceptional when fresh. Usual hours are 11-5 Thurs - Sun (I think) , but check Facebook.

If you're going to go all the way to Otter Creek, might as well go to Fiddlehead, especially if they have something like Second Fiddle.
laxxer27
Green Skidder

Post by laxxer27 »

Mister Moose wrote:
laxxer27 wrote:

Foley's is small. I've never had a bad experience, but I can see where more than 8 cars they might get overwhelmed. It's just a small tasting room where you can get a pint, a flight or a growler. They don't update their Facebook page all the time, and they don't answer the phone all the time. However the beer (IPAs) can be exceptional when fresh. Usual hours are 11-5 Thurs - Sun (I think) , but check Facebook.

If you're going to go all the way to Otter Creek, might as well go to Fiddlehead, especially if they have something like Second Fiddle.
thanks for the heads up, All depends on what time I skip out of work
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

laxxer27 wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
laxxer27 wrote:

thanks for the heads up, All depends on what time I skip out of work
don't skip foley....
mach es sehr schnell