Top of the Hill Grill

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Top of the Hill Grill

Post by Mister Moose »

Good summer place to stop in Brattleboro. Right on Rte 5 by the river, about a mile south of Exit 3 rotary.

The view is good if you get a table railing-side, and it's dog friendly. BYOB was in full swing so bringing in my own beer of choice was a nice option.

I had burnt ends, which was delicious. A little fatty in places, but that's the nature of brisket. I'd trim it better pre cook though. Smoky, tender, flavorful, with a nice sear. A smallish portion for $14. The dog concurred .

Sides were ordinaire but good.

Carrot cake was excellent. Light on nuts which is a nice rendition,, and the frosting is light and not heavy with cream cheese,

Grilled corn looked interesting, but they were out. I'll probably go for the ribs next time.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Top of the Hill Grill

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:Good summer place to stop in Brattleboro. Right on Rte 5 by the river, about a mile south of Exit 3 rotary.

The view is good if you get a table railing-side, and it's dog friendly. BYOB was in full swing so bringing in my own beer of choice was a nice option.

I had burnt ends, which was delicious. A little fatty in places, but that's the nature of brisket. I'd trim it better pre cook though. Smoky, tender, flavorful, with a nice sear. A smallish portion for $14. The dog concurred .

Sides were ordinaire but good.

Carrot cake was excellent. Light on nuts which is a nice rendition,, and the frosting is light and not heavy with cream cheese,

Grilled corn looked interesting, but they were out. I'll probably go for the ribs next time.
cajun catfish taco was good there...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....