Ski New Hampshire Advice

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Ski New Hampshire Advice

Post by Guy in Shorts »

My personal favorite was a small place called Whitter that had a gondola. Wildcat was cool and they have a gondola also. Left the Whites for the Greens back in the early 80's so my memories are a bit dated.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Guy in Shorts wrote:My personal favorite was a small place called Whittier that had a gondola. Wildcat was cool and they have a gondola also. Left the Whites for the Greens back in the early 80's so my memories are a bit dated.
You should come visit the Whites again. There's some really good craft beer over here too!
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
Pushgears
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Pushgears »

:seeya
Highway Star wrote:
Pushgears wrote:Hey all,

Planning a week-long ski trip to NH this winter and would appreciate any advice. We will stay in North Conway and ski Wildcat, Attitash, and Black Mountain. Any other suggestions? Cannon looms large but is a haul. Is early March a good time to go?
Go to Utah.
Only if you join me big Buffy
I spend a little time on the mountain, spend a little time on the hill.
Sandman_71
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Sandman_71 »

North Conway is cool. We stayed there last year and rode 4 resorts. I liked Wildcat and Bretton Woods a lot and probably won't be hurrying back to Attitash or Cranmore. It did help that we got absolutely dumped on while there.

My buddy who plans the trips just booked a place in Franconia for next winter so we will be splitting up the trip between Bretton, Cannon and Loon

I am appreciating all the info in this thread about the two places I've never been to.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Truent's Tavern in N. Woodstock. On the road Loon is on go west under 93 and a short way up the road take a right toward Woodstock Brewery. Truent's Tavern is immediately on the right. Great pub food, good beer selection. Must be a good place to work always the same staff. Go downstairs, small bar and booths. I've never been to Woodstock Inn Brewery, butt it's right up the road. Easy walk...
I Belong A Long Way From Here.