World Cup tickets go on sale September 7 at 9AM

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Re: World Cup tickets go on sale September 7 at 9AM

Post by Southside_Bobby »

Before 9 AM I started refreshing the page. By the time "buy it" buttons finally appeared, the K1 parking was already sold out.

I bought Grandstand/ski ticket package for Sunday. But only after getting locked up and then booted out of the checkout five times, having to redo the whole process each time.

Sorry, the fact that we could expect heavy demand doesn't excuse K or their website. If their system can't handle a ticket sale of this scale, they should upgrade it or use a third party ticketing system.

Anyway, if anybody ends up with a K1 lot pass for Sunday that they aren't going to use, please keep me in mind. Thanks.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Mister Moose wrote:Very buggy. Took over 6 tries plus a password change. It kept logging me out or losing the order. Finally success. Grandstand both days.

Pro tip from last year:
Bring a foam pad to sit on. The bleachers are both wet and cold.

As of 9:30am the parking passes and VIP are sold out.
You may have had to deal with bugs but at least you remained dry.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Southside_Bobby wrote:Before 9 AM I started refreshing the page. By the time "buy it" buttons finally appeared, the K1 parking was already sold out.

I bought Grandstand/ski ticket package for Sunday. But only after getting locked up and then booted out of the checkout five times, having to redo the whole process each time.

Sorry, the fact that we could expect heavy demand doesn't excuse K or their website. If their system can't handle a ticket sale of this scale, they should upgrade it or use a third party ticketing system.

Anyway, if anybody ends up with a K1 lot pass for Sunday that they aren't going to use, please keep me in mind. Thanks.
I experienced similar. Had both grandstand tickets and a parking passes in my card 3 times and each time I clicked on the "complete purchase" button It returned me to the log in page.

I did end up getting grandstand tickets but it is very frustrating to have had parking passes in my cart 3 times without being able to purchase them. Hopefully after a year of experience they will be more organized with the shuttle process this year.... and have a few more shuttles on Saturday.

And the same... if anyone ends up with Saturday parking passes they are not going to use, keep me in mind.
Don't Killington Pico
Todd
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Todd »

K should outsource the ticket / parking sales next year to an outfit with expertise in handling bursty, high volume transactions.

They can't afford to build this capacity in house and they can't afford to continue alienating K regulars with the purchasing fiasco of the past two years.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

I would complain to K and see if they do anything to compensate you. I am sure the are aware of the problem and they should at least give the affected people some free lift tickets or food vouchers or something.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Apparently Tood, they CAN afford to alienate regulars.
.. Don't build it, they will come .. :sad:
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

brownman wrote:Apparently Tood, they CAN afford to alienate regulars.
maybe gruber can help?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bumper

Post by 180 »

I got weekend parking passes right at 9am, no issues.
Todd
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Todd »

brownman wrote:Apparently Todd, they CAN afford to alienate regulars.
I'm holding out hope that things will improve for next year based on what they learned today and last year.

Every time I see Solimano picking up garbage or talking to guests, I'm reminded of how K has improved since the Nyberg years.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

just like a radio station call in ya takes yer chances and hope yer the right number caller...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
snow4all
Blue Chatterbox

Post by snow4all »

Got 3 grandstand tix for each day. In and out seamlessly. Glad to see things SOLD OUT. Now let's get some snow on the way!!
Codensnow
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Codensnow »

Guy in Shorts wrote:100 club members were awarded two free grandstand tickets for being such loyal Killington fans. The lucky 21 members of the 500 club (making the 100 club for five years) were gifted two VIP tickets for the event. Amazing gesture for the most loyal Killington fans. Love this place.
Many thanks to Mike and his fantastic Team. Bring on the World Cup!!
What? I didn't see anything about this on the killington website. Does anyone know how 100 club members get the two free grandstand tickets?
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

180 wrote:I got weekend parking passes right at 9am, no issues.
You got lucky then, supposedly they were sold out by 9:04
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Codensnow wrote:
Guy in Shorts wrote:100 club members were awarded two free grandstand tickets for being such loyal Killington fans. The lucky 21 members of the 500 club (making the 100 club for five years) were gifted two VIP tickets for the event. Amazing gesture for the most loyal Killington fans. Love this place.
What? I didn't see anything about this on the killington website. Does anyone know how 100 club members get the two free grandstand tickets?
You should have gotten an E-Mail from Amy Laramie (Mike's assistant) on Wednesday. Check your junk mail folder.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
Codensnow wrote:
You should have gotten an E-Mail from Amy Laramie (Mike's assistant) on Wednesday. Check your junk mail folder.
hadn't heard about this. very cool but no email here.
spoiled South American skiin' whore