Any snowmobilers on this forum?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

mviv39359
Beginner On Rentals

Any snowmobilers on this forum?

Post by mviv39359 »

Looking to expand our group of sledders/skiers as we have lost some guys to the dreaded thing we call marriage&kids.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Any snowmobilers on this forum?

Post by madhatter »

occasionally...was just discussing this w mrs hatter...we've hardly used em the last 3 years or so to the point where we hate to give up a ski day to go and do it nowadays...we'll see what this season brings...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

madhatter wrote:occasionally...was just discussing this w mrs hatter...we've hardly used em the last 3 years or so to the point where we hate to give up a ski day to go and do it nowadays...we'll see what this season brings...
Skiing is for during the day and sleds are for night. I haven't been in a while, my buddy's grandparents have a house up in Maine. We used to get up there for a week or two each winter and ski during the day and hop on the sleds at night.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

daytripper wrote:
madhatter wrote:occasionally...was just discussing this w mrs hatter...we've hardly used em the last 3 years or so to the point where we hate to give up a ski day to go and do it nowadays...we'll see what this season brings...
Skiing is for during the day and sleds are for night. I haven't been in a while, my buddy's grandparents have a house up in Maine. We used to get up there for a week or two each winter and ski during the day and hop on the sleds at night.
I only wish I had the energy for that...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

I could do mid week afternoon if that works for any of your group. Where do you ride?
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 30 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

I kept sleds at Spike's for about 10 years until the crappy season a few years ago and I lost interest. Went from a Ski-Doo Legend to a Ski-Doo MXZ600 to a Yamaha Nytro. Too much competition for my weekend time with skiing being the priority. When my regular riding friends moved on, I had to ride alone which was not smart. I would love to get back into it, still have my gear. If I remember, I will contact you in the winter. I used to ride Friday afternoons, some Saturday afternoons and a lot of Sunday afternoons on the way home but that was the bumpiest time to ride. I like night riding, plenty of time to see the headlights coming and you felt safer. Later on Saturdays was nuts, but sometimes you have to take what you get. Best loop was crossing thru Plymouth, Mt. Holly and around Killington to cross Rt 4 at the Vt state maintenance garage, thru Chittenden past Pittsfield over to Barnard down thru Suicide 6 and back thru Woodstock and Bridgewater. It was around 126 miles and offered every type of trail and conditions. If the snow was good we would hit a lot of the Pittsfield trails before heading to Barnard where we would get fuel at the old general store. When that closed we had to make it to fuel in Woodstock. With my 4 stroke Yamaha the mileage was great but the ringers would be on fumes when it was bumpy and gnarly. One of us always carried a 2 gallon can and we used it a few times.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

da Pimp wrote:I kept sleds at Spike's for about 10 years until the crappy season a few years ago and I lost interest. Went from a Ski-Doo Legend to a Ski-Doo MXZ600 to a Yamaha Nytro. Too much competition for my weekend time with skiing being the priority. When my regular riding friends moved on, I had to ride alone which was not smart. I would love to get back into it, still have my gear. If I remember, I will contact you in the winter. I used to ride Friday afternoons, some Saturday afternoons and a lot of Sunday afternoons on the way home but that was the bumpiest time to ride. I like night riding, plenty of time to see the headlights coming and you felt safer. Later on Saturdays was nuts, but sometimes you have to take what you get. Best loop was crossing thru Plymouth, Mt. Holly and around Killington to cross Rt 4 at the Vt state maintenance garage, thru Chittenden past Pittsfield over to Barnard down thru Suicide 6 and back thru Woodstock and Bridgewater. It was around 126 miles and offered every type of trail and conditions. If the snow was good we would hit a lot of the Pittsfield trails before heading to Barnard where we would get fuel at the old general store. When that closed we had to make it to fuel in Woodstock. With my 4 stroke Yamaha the mileage was great but the ringers would be on fumes when it was bumpy and gnarly. One of us always carried a 2 gallon can and we used it a few times.
that re-opened a couple years ago and has high octane fuel as well...
mach es sehr schnell

mviv39359
Beginner On Rentals

Post by mviv39359 »

I plan to ride after the slopes close. Mostly night riding for me this season on the weekends. I may get a few week days in but I am young and do not have a lot of vacation days.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mviv39359 wrote:I plan to ride after the slopes close. Mostly night riding for me this season on the weekends. I may get a few week days in but I am young and do not have a lot of vacation days.
I'll trade a ya few days off fer some of that youth...
mach es sehr schnell

da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

I'll trade you all my vacation days plus sick/personal for some good health.....