NSR: hybrid bike

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

icedtea
Guru Poster

NSR: hybrid bike

Post by icedtea »

Hey, looking for a reasonably priced hybrid for me and the Mrs....any recommendations?
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: NSR: hybrid bike

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

icedtea wrote:Hey, looking for a reasonably priced hybrid for me and the Mrs....any recommendations?
What surfaces will you be riding on and how do you define 'reasonable'? Gravel and paved trails at a sub-$1000 price point ... I am a big fan of the Specialized Diverge. https://www.specialized.com/ca/fr/bikes ... -a1/106656
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Wife just bought a Specialize this summer and likes it a lot better than the TREK 2100. Getting too old to be on a street bike like that 'cause the back and shoulders hate the race bars. I'll have to sell off my 2100 and Y3 mountain bikes and find a hybrid for myself if I'm going to ride anymore.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Thanks for the input, I will check them out.
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/hybrid_bikes.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bikes Direct
Where is Happy Hour ?
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Hybrids are played out, electric is where it's at.

"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

icedtea wrote:Hey, looking for a reasonably priced hybrid for me and the Mrs....any recommendations?
I have both a Trek 7200 and a Specialized Crossroads.

Both are hybrids and can be bought for under $400 depending on what options you want.

I ride mine every day, just about, from April to November.

Usually 10-15 miles a day and on city roads so both take a beating.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

Before you give up on a road bike, try a cyclocross or a gravel bike. A good alternative to a cruiser or a 29er is nice with dual shocks. Depends on what you want to ride and how far.
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Ended up getting a SpecialIzed Crosstrail and Ariel (female).
Peter Tosh