Vonn vs the men ???

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Vonn vs the men ???

Post by SnoBrdr »

he U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA) will take a formal proposal to the executive board of the International Ski Federation (FIS) next week requesting permission for Lindsey Vonn, the most decorated skier in American history, to compete in a World Cup competition against men at Lake Louise in 2018.

Vonn, with more than 77 wins and 130 podiums in her career, has made no secret of her desire to compete against the men, suggesting last year she could "beat some boys and call it a day."

The idea has been informally discussed by FIS in the past, but those talks stalled with the federation seemingly unwilling to bend its rules that don't allow skiers of different genders to compete against one another.

"It will be a very difficult challenge to find a reasonable way of doing this," FIS boss Atle Skaardal said this summer. If the ladies are allowed to race with the men, then also the men need to be authorized to ski with the ladies. And I'm not sure this is a direction we want to go. It's a difficult topic."

Full story: http://www.espn.com/olympics/skiing/sto ... 2018-event
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Re: Vonn vs the men ???

Post by RustyK »

I'm up for a ski off with her anytime...

Where is Happy Hour ?
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Any catch her "leaked" photos?
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Made it skiing related....
Where is Happy Hour ?
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

She might beat Steve Carrell, but not Bobby Riggs.

Blackcomb Aviation sure serves some interesting terrain. :like

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

She's actually raced some of Bode Miller's old speed event skis from what I heard, but I doubt she's as fast as the average 225lb male WC'er.
Last edited by Highway Star on Sep 28th, '17, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

You sure Doug Lewis was over 200 lbs? At 5'8" I think that would be a larger person the Doug and he has an FIS Bronze metal.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

She's got man hands. Plus like Humpty Dumpty says, she was ___ Tiger. :shock:
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Dr. NO wrote:You sure Doug Lewis was over 200 lbs? At 5'8" I think that would be a larger person the Doug and he has an FIS Bronze metal.
http://file.scirp.org/pdf/AA_2017051014202917.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:violin
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters