BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Ski Mag 2018 Top 10 of east

Post by BoozeTan »

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: Ski Mag 2018 Top 10 of east

Post by Highway Star »

Tell us something we didn't already know......?
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Ski mag is a joke. I bought the gear guide and half the pages are an ad for Deer Valley.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

Of course POWDR will think that the results do not reflect the true marketplace - POWDR still thinks that everyone LOVES the two snowdon chairs.

Swap out the POWDR/Copper Mountain lift system with Killington. See how many Copper skiers head somewhere else in Colorado real fast.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Killington is too crowded - nobody goes there any more...............
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Butt .. what about that top 10 access road and all that new investment :shock:
The bouncy house over on Superstar may be the game changer. :lol:

'Don't build it, they will still come.'

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Don't know who answered the survey this year but it's so different from recent years as to appear to be anomalous.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

No. 12: Killington, VT
"Killington is The Beast of the East! Has something for everyone…and then some. While the nightlife just off the hill is the best, it does need to update some of the outdated lodges.”
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

the ratings are a joke but i assume they do have some effect on resort bookings as the one trip per year folks might use it as a reference.

surprised at the drop from #4 to #12 after one of the best/more successful seasons in recent memory starting with the early open, the world cup and culminating with the june 1 close. seemed to be more fannies in the seats and conditions generally were quite good. on the other hand, deer valet #1 & sun valley #2 over whistler/blackcomb w/vail #6? stupid ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

The Beast made the Editors choice...

https://www.skimag.com/ski-resort-life/ ... tors-picks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fireball Capital
Killington, Vermont
Killington was already famous for its up-all-night party scene, from its rowdy Access Road bars and clubs to the springtime madness of the Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge. Last year, Thanksgiving weekend rocked when the women’s World Cup came to town. Mikaela Shiffrin and Company will be back this year (November 24–26), and March 24 sees the addition of the first ever ski-season edition of the Vermont Brewer’s Festival. Go ahead, party hearty: First chair is overrated.
Where is Happy Hour ?
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

Clearly this list is a joke. Sugarloaf is clearly in the top 5, as well two of the best resorts in the East do not appear on the list? Killington and Le massif are easily in the top 6 resorts and do not even appear on the list......
skixc2
Black Carver

Post by skixc2 »

None of the Quebec City resorts ever appear; I've complained about this in the past.
Raise 'Em Jay
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Hate this click bait BS where you have to click through each number so this rag can maximize ad revenue. All it needs is "#6 will shock you". These beauty pageants remind me of the recent one star review for Snowbird because it was too hard: there's no accounting for taste. Snowbird at least turned into an ad campaign. Mad River invented that shtick.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

rogman wrote:Hate this click bait BS where you have to click through each number so this rag can maximize ad revenue. All it needs is "#6 will shock you". These beauty pageants remind me of the recent one star review for Snowbird because it was too hard: there's no accounting for taste. Snowbird at least turned into an ad campaign. Mad River invented that shtick.
yep...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....