World Cup Six Weeks from This Saturday

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: World Cup Six Weeks from This Saturday

Post by Mister Moose »

Highway Star wrote: I don't expect crowds like last year, should be down at least 20%.
Based on what?

Last year, bleacher tickets were $20 and sold out in 3 hours.

This year bleacher tickets were $35 and sold out in 30 minutes.

Looks to me like the price went up 75% and the demand increased at that higher price sufficient to sell out in a sixth of the time.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Mister Moose wrote:
Highway Star wrote: I don't expect crowds like last year, should be down at least 20%.
Based on what?

Looks to me like the price went up 75% and the demand increased at that higher price sufficient to sell out in a sixth of the time.
Not sure of the VIP tickets but the price went up and it sold out in some 5 minutes. Pretty good deal for some freebies and a couple drinks to knock back. Plus a front row seat to the finish area. I will sit home and watch on NBC sports. Last year the sport channel carried a lot of the race live. Top 10 will also be on NBC but only show the top competitors.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Dr. NO wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
Based on what?

Not sure of the VIP tickets but the price went up and it sold out in some 5 minutes. Pretty good deal for some freebies and a couple drinks to knock back. Plus a front row seat to the finish area. I will sit home and watch on NBC sports. Last year the sport channel carried a lot of the race live. Top 10 will also be on NBC but only show the top competitors.
pretty sure the entire event was streamed live...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

madhatter wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
Based on what?

Yes but mostly for the European viewers. If you have a dish there are live stream channels that can be used. I watched most of the races from the comfort of the ski club with the live feeds. The Jumbo screens are off a live feed also.

Shut up and Ski!

Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

Mister Moose wrote:
Based on what?
Based on the same thing as always, pulling theories and numbers out of his ass.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Mister Moose wrote:
Based on what?

Yeah. Because a small fraction of the people who are actually coming back this year realized it was stupid to be standing around on a muddy hillside with no view.
Last edited by Highway Star on Oct 19th, '17, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Dr. NO wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
Based on what?

Yes but mostly for the European viewers. If you have a dish there are live stream channels that can be used. I watched most of the races from the comfort of the ski club with the live feeds. The Jumbo screens are off a live feed also.
The entire event was streamed live on the nbc sports app. Should be this year too.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

daytripper wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
Based on what?

The entire event was streamed live on the nbc sports app. Should be this year too.[/quote]

If it is on the sports app I should be able to watch in the comfort of my CT home, beer and food included OR go to ironmanwannabe and suck up some of his beer. Wasn't sure if they streamed all of the NBC sports channel.

Shut up and Ski!

rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

20% fewer would still be over 12000 a day. I suspect everyone would be happy with that. Still 10x what the race would get elsewhere. Certainly Killington will take what they've learned from last year and apply it to this year.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

rogman wrote:20% fewer would still be over 12000 a day. I suspect everyone would be happy with that. Still 10x what the race would get elsewhere. Certainly Killington will take what they've learned from last year and apply it to this year.
This is true. It's still going to be mobbed with a huge crowd, hopefully the logistics will be handled better than last year. I'd like to see parking at Bear instead of Skyeship.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters