US Open of Mountain Biking

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

US Open of Mountain Biking

Post by Bubba »

Not my thing but this seems to be a successful result of Killington's recent investments in mountain biking.

http://m.vitalmtb.com/news/press-releas ... =spotlight" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Re: US Open of Mountain Biking

Post by Woodsrider »

Awesome. This is very good for Killington. I'm guessing the new trail will start on upper Cascade. There were a lot of complaints from the pro racers this summer that Goat Skull on Ramshead was too flat. I wonder if they are finally going to cut a trail into the canyon area.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Woodsrider wrote:Awesome. This is very good for Killington. I'm guessing the new trail will start on upper Cascade. There were a lot of complaints from the pro racers this summer that Goat Skull on Ramshead was too flat. I wonder if they are finally going to cut a trail into the canyon area.
Article says the course is coming off the top. Hopefully they don't cut up anything that's interesting in the winter - I can think of a few spots.....
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

Looks like they are walking on the top part of down draft near peak lodge and highline in the article.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

I friend of mine told we that this sport has a huge following and to expect crowds comparable to World Cup skiing.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel