Blow Baby Blow !

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Blow Baby Blow !

Post by madhatter »

Ready. Set. Let’s snow.
The cold temps won't stick around long enough to open but we're ready when they do.
6.4K Views
https://www.facebook.com/killingtonreso ... 764114401/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Mr. G from 11-3-2014
Kopens-11-3-14.jpg
Kopens-11-3-14.jpg (174 KiB) Viewed 1100 times
Not jinxing it...
Where is Happy Hour ?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

a record snowfall of 18.0 inches was set at Mount Mansfield
This breaks the old record of 4.0 inches set in 1982.
oct 17 2010...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Sunday River blew snow as well, they also are offering a early season pass good from opening day thru Dec 24th for $159.00. I don't recall anyone ever offering an early season pass before.
DrJeff
Poster Child Poster

Post by DrJeff »

daytripper wrote:Sunday River blew snow as well, they also are offering a early season pass good from opening day thru Dec 24th for $159.00. I don't recall anyone ever offering an early season pass before.
Sounds like either a sign of either weak season pass sales and/or a desire to turn the standard white ribbon of death into an even crazier situation!!! Especially with no Thanksgiving Weekend Blackout, or if mother nature is cooperative and gives a few good storms and some busy December weekends....
Proud Ski Racer Parent x2!
icedtea
Guru Poster

Blow Baby Blow !

Post by icedtea »

Anyone hiking for some turns?
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

From a recent FB post, it looks like they hit the Super Star headwall too.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
machski
Black Carver

Post by machski »

DrJeff wrote:
daytripper wrote:Sunday River blew snow as well, they also are offering a early season pass good from opening day thru Dec 24th for $159.00. I don't recall anyone ever offering an early season pass before.
Sounds like either a sign of either weak season pass sales and/or a desire to turn the standard white ribbon of death into an even crazier situation!!! Especially with no Thanksgiving Weekend Blackout, or if mother nature is cooperative and gives a few good storms and some busy December weekends....
More like just trying to bait some sales during an otherwise slow time of the season. Very attractive to some whose own resort of choice may not open as early or expand offerings as fast. Price point is attractive and if they sell some and some people don't ever get out, win. They have several part of season pass offerings this year available.
randyw
Beginner On Rentals

Post by randyw »

The long range 10 day weather guesses (Weather.com and Accuweather) seem to indicate we could have a pass holder opening Thurs./26 or Fri./27 to start the walkway season.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Killington made the Boston/channel 5 news so from a marketing/branding perspective it was effective. While I hardly expect this snow to last, perhaps it will help cool off the ground. Never hurts to shake the cobwebs off the system, give the snow making crew a little practice, and launch a few mice into low earth orbit.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

machski wrote:
DrJeff wrote:
More like just trying to bait some sales during an otherwise slow time of the season. Very attractive to some whose own resort of choice may not open as early or expand offerings as fast. Price point is attractive and if they sell some and some people don't ever get out, win. They have several part of season pass offerings this year available.

Very glad K doesn't have that option, could u imagine the line at the NRT on an early season Saturday!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.facebook.com/tuckermarshall ... 228134906/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

That's awesome, thanks for sharing the stoke and a laugh! (But I still prefer Stormchaser's early season hike-for-turns video (back on a 2/27/17 report thread), I don't think any ski video beats that one)
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Brainwormed Bullwinkle eclipses that :smash
Unparalleled Action footage :like

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

Really awesome video, wonderfully done.

I totally understand and agree with why mountains don't generally allow drones, but I love seeing whatever footage that does come along.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.