Blow Baby Blow !

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: Blow Baby Blow !

Post by Mister Moose »

DES wrote:That's awesome, thanks for sharing the stoke and a laugh! (But I still prefer Stormchaser's early season hike-for-turns video (back on a 2/27/17 report thread), I don't think any ski video beats that one)

You mean this classic from 2006?

Tucker's video was good early season stoke, I liked the clips of the failed attempts prior to sticking the jump turn. Reminds us that even the less than mortals among us still aren't gods.

This popped up with the SC video - another classic from a fallen Zoner named AndyZ:

I sure wish someone could find Andy's video of Rusty K grass skiing Skyehawk.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Mister Moose wrote:I sure wish someone could find Andy's video of Rusty K grass skiing Skyehawk.
I was there. It was hilarious. We we're standing on the edge, saying "Boy is this done", then all of a sudden Rusty takes off, skies over a good 15 feet of grass, rocks, and whatever, goes over a huge mogul and disappears. I mean gone. A bit later a pole pops up, then a ski, and then finally the rest of him. Gotta say Rusty's late season poach of OL, skiing with his pants around his ankles, was also classic. Thankfully, I was uphill from him. Blinded by the white. No pics. But I still have this one. Does anyone even remember why Dork went dumpster diving?
dork_dumpster_diving.JPG
dork_dumpster_diving.JPG (100.62 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

rogman wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:I sure wish someone could find Andy's video of Rusty K grass skiing Skyehawk.
I was there. It was hilarious. We we're standing on the edge, saying "Boy is this done", then all of a sudden Rusty takes off, skies over a good 15 feet of grass, rocks, and whatever, goes over a huge mogul and disappears. I mean gone. A bit later a pole pops up, then a ski, and then finally the rest of him. Gotta say Rusty's late season poach of OL, skiing with his pants around his ankles, was also classic. Thankfully, I was uphill from him. Blinded by the white. No pics. But I still have this one. Does anyone even remember why Dork went dumpster diving?
dork_dumpster_diving.JPG
He had to go in there to get the instructions for cooking the ribs that had been wrapped by that plastic wrap.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Mister Moose wrote:
DES wrote:That's awesome, thanks for sharing the stoke and a laugh! (But I still prefer Stormchaser's early season hike-for-turns video (back on a 2/27/17 report thread), I don't think any ski video beats that one)

You mean this classic from 2006?

Videos of folks that are no longer skiing at Killington (except for Stormchaser). Treerat lives in western New York and I believe he skis at Bristol. Mountainman is now having a great time working in Seattle and having fun skiing all the mountains near there. AndyZ left us a few years ago to get some turns in the afterlife. May he rest in peace.

Tucker's video was good early season stoke, I liked the clips of the failed attempts prior to sticking the jump turn. Reminds us that even the less than mortals among us still aren't gods.

This popped up with the SC video - another classic from a fallen Zoner named AndyZ:

I sure wish someone could find Andy's video of Rusty K grass skiing Skyehawk.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

rogman wrote:Gotta say Rusty's late season poach of OL, skiing with his pants around his ankles, was also classic. Thankfully, I was uphill from him. Blinded by the white. No pics.
There are pics.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Thursday night into Friday has a window. Enough to open?
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

icedtea wrote:Thursday night into Friday has a window. Enough to open?

Looks iffy. Sustained cold starts on 10/30.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Word on the street is they will open this season...
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

RENO wrote:Word on the street is they will open this season...
Can you tell me how to get? How to get to Sesame Street?
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Friday 11/3 pass holder opening day. General public 11/4. Bank on it.

Check out the new Super Star cam. Nice perspective of the hill. Note the four fan guns on lower Preston's Pitch.

http://www.killington.com/site/mountain ... rstar.html
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

throbster wrote:Check out the new Super Star cam. Nice perspective of the hill. Note the four fan guns on lower Preston's Pitch.
Just noticed that as well. The golf course cam has been down for a while.

Superstar quad was running.
Attachments
new cam.jpg
new cam.jpg (285.06 KiB) Viewed 617 times
bwbski22
Green Skidder

Post by bwbski22 »

I’m thinking passholders day on 10/31
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

So what's going on with that jump at the bottom of sup?

Have not seen anything official on it....
Where is Happy Hour ?
bwbski22
Green Skidder

Post by bwbski22 »

It’s a 4 season airbag for KMS
machski
Black Carver

Post by machski »

From the CAM shot, looks like they removed the little ridge on the trail by Tower 2 that always melted out first in the spring. Will be interesting to see how much that helps this year.