What it's like to be a Killington customer....

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

What it's like to be a Killington customer....

Post by Highway Star »

"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
throbster
Postaholic

Re: What it's like to be a Killington customer....

Post by throbster »

Funny video but a bad comparison. I'll take the longest season and top notch snowmaking any day. Sure a couple lifts suck, but you are usually rewarded with less traffic and better snow when you bite the bullet and ride them.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Nice to see that it's not even November and POWDR is already pissing away your season's pass payments. :violin
Last edited by Highway Star on Oct 31st, '17, 13:44, edited 1 time in total.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Highway Star wrote:Nice to see that it's not even November and POWDR is already pissing away our season's pass payments. :violin

I know!!! The nerve of Killington to make snow at the end of October!!!
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Highway Star wrote:Nice to see that it's not even November and POWDR is already pissing away our season's pass payments. :violin
"our"?? thought you went to stowe. :lol: you must like getting kicked in the ballz ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

daytripper wrote:

I know!!! The nerve of Killington to make snow at the end of October!!!
Vail doesn't waste my money.

Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

HS is not too far off the mark on some of harsh criticism of current landlords but who cares. I still love Killington for all it’s two thousand acres of Vermont awesomeness. Very happy fan here as always.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

Highway Star wrote:Nice to see that it's not even November and POWDR is already pissing away your season's pass payments. :violin
I have no horse in the game until February, but how can you honestly say they are pissing away money. Their MO is early and late season. Why wouldn't they start making snow in a cold snap on Oct 31? If this same weather had happened on Oct 15 they would've done the same thing.

Dude you should see a therapist. Seriously...
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

jimmywilson69 wrote:
Highway Star wrote:Nice to see that it's not even November and POWDR is already pissing away your season's pass payments. :violin
I have no horse in the game until February, but how can you honestly say they are pissing away money. Their MO is early and late season. Why wouldn't they start making snow in a cold snap on Oct 31? If this same weather had happened on Oct 15 they would've done the same thing.

Maybe a “massage therapist”....
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

icedtea wrote:
jimmywilson69 wrote:

Maybe a “massage therapist”....
Maybe a change of medicine...
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

jimmywilson69 wrote:

Oh 'lil Jimmy, they're a difference between opening early with a realistic strategy, and pissing away money making snow VERY expensively that's just going to melt before anyone can ski on it.

yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

Highway Star wrote:
jimmywilson69 wrote:

Oh 'lil Jimmy, they're a difference between opening early with a realistic strategy, and pissing away money making snow VERY expensively that's just going to melt before anyone can ski on it.
Elvis has left the building. Dis too. Brownsville Baruchlyn. Black Phandumb. Ad Infinitum....... HS?...be like Elvis. Abbie Normal , OUT.
Attachments
abbienormal.jpg
abbienormal.jpg (62.66 KiB) Viewed 748 times
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Highway Star, if you'd prefer that Killington opened November 24th like other mountains rather than trying to open as early as possible, then please go to one of those other mountains.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

snoloco wrote:Highway Star, if you'd prefer that Killington opened November 24th like other mountains rather than trying to open as early as possible, then please go to one of those other mountains.
I want Killington to open as early as they can, when they get DECENT snowmaking conditions that let them make remotely cost effective snow in 12-18 hours to get open. That is not a waste of money.

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Highway Star wrote: I want Killington to open as early as they can, when they get DECENT snowmaking conditions that let them make remotely cost effective snow in 12-18 hours to get open. That is not a waste of money.

Highway Star seems to have shareholder confused with customer.