Northern New Jersey Restaurant Recommendations?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Re: Northern New Jersey Restaurant Recommendations?

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Raising a child, taking a lot of my time haha. Not really sure how I wound up here, i was looking into the Women's event in November (looks rather warm into mid November). Good to see you are still around, hopefully still skiing or whatever you call it... Chipotle has Queso now, your company would be impressed!!
shortski
:dis
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Bubba wrote:
Hal U. Dewin wrote:Chipotle on 17 is always an option or the fireplace restaurant.
I am honored. A Hal U. Dewin post! Where have you been?

Looking to do a little better than either of those, but thanks.

Let me see if I can narrow down the criteria.

Should be moderately priced, reasonably casual and not generally considered as "fine dining", and located on or close to Route 17 or Route 4 for someone driving from Bergenfield. From looking at Trip Advisor, El Cid looks interesting and with a recommendation from G-smashed, that looks like a potential winner. Also saw Grand Luxe Café on Trip Advisor. Anyone know anything about that? I'll be in the area Monday evening of T-Day week so plenty of time between now and then to consider options.

Thanks for the help. It's been a long time since I lived down that way, thus the need for recommendations.
Grand luxe is an upscale cheesecake factory. Haven't been to the one in Jersey, but the one on Long Island isn't bad.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:Raising a child, taking a lot of my time haha. Not really sure how I wound up here, i was looking into the Women's event in November (looks rather warm into mid November). Good to see you are still around, hopefully still skiing or whatever you call it... Chipotle has Queso now, your company would be impressed!!
Still here. Still skiing. Retired. Life is good.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:Raising a child, taking a lot of my time haha. Not really sure how I wound up here, i was looking into the Women's event in November (looks rather warm into mid November). Good to see you are still around, hopefully still skiing or whatever you call it... Chipotle has Queso now, your company would be impressed!!
Nice to see you posting again. Raising a child is definitely time consuming and when they become teenagers it gets even worse. Good luck.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Nice to see you posting again. Raising a child is definitely time consuming and when they become teenagers it gets even worse. Good luck.
I know you’re not, but that sounds bitter.

Welcome back Hal. Would be nice to someday make turns with you.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

spanky wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
I know you’re not, but that sounds bitter.

Welcome back Hal. Would be nice to someday make turns with you.
Spanky, if you had to deal with all the teenage dramatics, you might sound bitter too.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

El acid was the choice. They serve amazingly large portions of good food at reasonable prices (given the portions) and there were lots of leftovers for the other couple to take home. Thanks for the help.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Bubba wrote:El acid was the choice. They serve amazingly large portions of good food at reasonable prices (given the portions) and there were lots of leftovers for the other couple to take home. Thanks for the help.
Must have been the acid!
ImageImageImageImage
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Well, at least I got to find out how Bubba gets his money. :shock:
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Stormchaser wrote:
Bubba wrote:El acid was the choice. They serve amazingly large portions of good food at reasonable prices (given the portions) and there were lots of leftovers for the other couple to take home. Thanks for the help.
Must have been the acid!
LOL...that was quite the Freudian typo.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

I've ate at Roxanne's in Mahwah a few times recently while visiting my corporate office. The food has been good.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Never late for a reservation... :?
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
XKillerEliteX
Beginner On Rentals

Post by XKillerEliteX »

Favorite restaurant up North Jersey is The Walpack Inn in Layton, NJ it’s a must go to. It’s a rustic mountain style it gets crowded so get there at 4 pm. Not really sure how long the drive is from Mahwah from Rt. 17. It’s near US HWY 206 I guess you can just look it up if your interested.