Hermitage club (Haystack) assesses members 10k

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Re: Hermitage club (Haystack) assesses members 10k

Post by KingsFourMan »

RustyK wrote:What's going on with that private ski area in Plymouth?

Looks pretty quiet there..
They did a significant amount of work on a snowmaking pond at the top of the mountain recently but my understanding from my Plymouth neighbors is that it is in private hands now who have no intention of opening it up to the public or any kind of membership. I skied it once several years ago on a decent little powder day back when it was Bear Creek and had a blast. Would love to see it open up to the public again as a Mom and Pop like it was when it was Round Top but unfortunately those days are long gone.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

KingsFourMan wrote:

They did a significant amount of work on a snowmaking pond at the top of the mountain recently but my understanding from my Plymouth neighbors is that it is in private hands now who have no intention of opening it up to the public or any kind of membership. I skied it once several years ago on a decent little powder day back when it was Bear Creek and had a blast. Would love to see it open up to the public again as a Mom and Pop like it was when it was Round Top but unfortunately those days are long gone.
yep mom and pop don't have the deep pockets required in this day and age to run a ski area of any size...apparently even the hermitage club is having trouble in that regard...less than stellar snow years hurt those kinds of places tremendously...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

.. apparently never heard of the Cochrans ..
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

brownman wrote:.. apparently never heard of the Cochrans ..
well there ya have it...mom and pop ski areas s/b opening and thriving across new england soon...

without a doubt they are all non profits but Cochrans is a bit different than a mom and pop area...
No child will be denied the opportunity to ski or ride. In 1998, Cochran’s Ski Area became a non-profit organization with a mission “to provide area youth and families with affordable skiing and snowboarding, lessons and race training, in the Cochran tradition.” Cochran’s is the nation’s first IRS 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt ski area.

Interested in donating or volunteering?

Contact Jimmy at manager@cochranskiarea.com

Or, Make A Donation

again "mom and pop" don't have deep enough pockets to sustain the operations of a ski area in this day and age...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

KingsFourMan wrote:

Just look at their web page:
Monday December 4th.
The guns have been running on and off when the temps drop below 19 degrees. As of this week the temps will begin to remain consistently low and we expect to be making snow every night for the remainder of the month. Assuming no major weather catastrophes, opening day will be great.
https://www.skithenotch.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Want to be a member?
2017-2018 Promotion*
 $6,000
*Initiation fee waived for your first two years, payable in year three
C. Skiing Operation & Business Hours for 2017 – 2018 Season

December 26th 2017 – January 1st 2018 January 6th, 7th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 27th & 28th February 3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 24th, 25th March 3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th, 17th, 18th, 24th, 25th,30th, 31st April 1st, 7th, 8th, 14th

We will open for the February School Vacation; dates will be announced as they become available to us
The onetime nonrefundable initiation fee is paid only once for the entire immediate family unless children above the age of 30 fail to pay their yearly dues. Once this event occurs the child will be required to begin the membership process from the beginning including payment of the onetime nonrefundable initiation fee.

$12,500 + Sales tax for families 1-50 $18,500 + Sales tax for families 51-100 $24,500 + Sales tax for families 101-250

For members joining during the 2017-18 season, the one-time initial fee will be due January 2020.
I/we further agree not to purchase and or rent any residential or commercial property within the Plymouth Notch LLC property boundary unless the Seller or Renter is in fact Plymouth Notch LLC. I/we understand failure to abide by this term is grounds for termination of my/our membership.
A member guest over the age of twenty eight (28) will be allowed 3 visits at Eighty dollars ($80) per visit during the current ski season. A member guest under the age of twenty eight (28) may visit the club up to ten times at Eighty dollars ($80) per visit.... Should a member require the same guest over the age of twenty eight (28) to visit the facilities greater than 3 times during the current ski season, the member is required to request the additional visit five calendar days (5) prior to the guest’s arrival. If the request is approved by the Managing Partners of Plymouth Notch LLC, the cost of the ski pass is One Hundred Fifty dollars ($150) for adults.
Each year Plymouth Notch will determine the amount of the annual dues and “house minimums” to be paid by members for the following year. All annual membership payments are due January 3rd of the current ski season. Bills for the annual membership dues will be delivered via email. The 2017 – 2018 annual dues have been set at $6,000 + Sales Tax.

Each member will be required to spend a minimum of One Thousand dollars ($1,000) at the bar or restaurant. The house minimum requirement will not include guest ski passes.

For the year 2017-2018, the house minimum will be waived.
So the initiation is $12,500 growing to $24,500, but this year's special is $6,000. On top of that, you pay $6,000 a year and $1,000 bar & food tab, minimum. They are open 39 days this year. And if you join, you can't rent from any of the homeowners on the mountain, it must be from the club.

And if you have a guest, it's $80 the first 3 days and $150 thereafter and requires 5 days advance notice, subject to approval!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:
KingsFourMan wrote:

Monday December 4th.
The guns have been running on and off when the temps drop below 19 degrees. As of this week the temps will begin to remain consistently low and we expect to be making snow every night for the remainder of the month. Assuming no major weather catastrophes, opening day will be great.
Want to be a member?
2017-2018 Promotion*
 $6,000
*Initiation fee waived for your first two years, payable in year three
C. Skiing Operation & Business Hours for 2017 – 2018 Season

December 26th 2017 – January 1st 2018 January 6th, 7th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 27th & 28th February 3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 24th, 25th March 3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th, 17th, 18th, 24th, 25th,30th, 31st April 1st, 7th, 8th, 14th

We will open for the February School Vacation; dates will be announced as they become available to us
The onetime nonrefundable initiation fee is paid only once for the entire immediate family unless children above the age of 30 fail to pay their yearly dues. Once this event occurs the child will be required to begin the membership process from the beginning including payment of the onetime nonrefundable initiation fee.

$12,500 + Sales tax for families 1-50 $18,500 + Sales tax for families 51-100 $24,500 + Sales tax for families 101-250

For members joining during the 2017-18 season, the one-time initial fee will be due January 2020.
I/we further agree not to purchase and or rent any residential or commercial property within the Plymouth Notch LLC property boundary unless the Seller or Renter is in fact Plymouth Notch LLC. I/we understand failure to abide by this term is grounds for termination of my/our membership.
A member guest over the age of twenty eight (28) will be allowed 3 visits at Eighty dollars ($80) per visit during the current ski season. A member guest under the age of twenty eight (28) may visit the club up to ten times at Eighty dollars ($80) per visit.... Should a member require the same guest over the age of twenty eight (28) to visit the facilities greater than 3 times during the current ski season, the member is required to request the additional visit five calendar days (5) prior to the guest’s arrival. If the request is approved by the Managing Partners of Plymouth Notch LLC, the cost of the ski pass is One Hundred Fifty dollars ($150) for adults.
Each year Plymouth Notch will determine the amount of the annual dues and “house minimums” to be paid by members for the following year. All annual membership payments are due January 3rd of the current ski season. Bills for the annual membership dues will be delivered via email. The 2017 – 2018 annual dues have been set at $6,000 + Sales Tax.

Each member will be required to spend a minimum of One Thousand dollars ($1,000) at the bar or restaurant. The house minimum requirement will not include guest ski passes.

For the year 2017-2018, the house minimum will be waived.
So the initiation is $12,500 growing to $24,500, but this year's special is $6,000. On top of that, you pay $6,000 a year and $1,000 bar & food tab, minimum. They are open 39 days this year. And if you join, you can't rent from any of the homeowners on the mountain, it must be from the club.

And if you have a guest, it's $80 the first 3 days and $150 thereafter and requires 5 days advance notice, subject to approval!
oh to be sub-par elite... :roll:
mach es sehr schnell

RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

How about buying a closed ski area nearby and making it your home? http://vtskiandride.com/a-home-on-the-slopes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

RENO wrote:How about buying a closed ski area nearby and making it your home? http://vtskiandride.com/a-home-on-the-slopes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
they aren't exactly "mom and pop" ...
mach es sehr schnell

RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

madhatter wrote:
RENO wrote:How about buying a closed ski area nearby and making it your home? http://vtskiandride.com/a-home-on-the-slopes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nope. It's good to have money! :sad:
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

Mister Moose wrote:
KingsFourMan wrote:

Monday December 4th.
I stand corrected and glad to hear it. I found it hard to believe that they were doing so much work on a snowmaking pond without any intention of opening. Pretty sure it wasn't open at all last year and I don't think the website indicated anything either. Will have to try and get a guest pass again somehow. I think the deal when it was Bear Creek was that they would sell a limited number of visitor or guest passes. Pretty sure I paid $40 which was a great deal. Would gladly pay $60 now but it doesn't look like they offer anything like that any more. The snow was great, I had the place to myself, and it's not a bad little mountain with some decent vertical.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

madhatter wrote:
Well, there's this approach for considerably less:

Check out the refreshment tray on the chair.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

A Single/single chair, top that MRG! Love the counterweights! Do u think the State of California tramway board gave it the green light?? No backrest or safety bar, but I think the pivoting tray should be on the new South fridge quad.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Well, there's this approach for considerably less:

Check out the refreshment tray on the chair.
cheaper still

even cheaper still

mach es sehr schnell

boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

http://www.newenglandskiindustry.com/vi ... toryid=631" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don't Killington Pico
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

They're finished. Even their top 1% member base can't save them. You can't run a ski area with no running water. They'll have to start selling the lifts and snowmaking equipment off to pay their debts.