The Outer Limits open by early December?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

St. Jerry
Powderhound

The Outer Limits open by early December?

Post by St. Jerry »

Asking for a friend. Any color is most appreciated.

Dumpty simmons out!
Ron Paul 2012
RENO
Whipping Post

Re: The Outer Limits open by early December?

Post by RENO »

Word on the street, Outer Limits by Thanksgiving! :Toast
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

I was thinking today that it would be nice to get Caper and lower-lower Great Northern open by the WC race, to give people lift access from the rams head and snowshed lots, but it's highly unrealistic and wouldn't really accomplish anything besides being a crowding disaster. Would be even more nice to have access via the Skyeship or Skye Peak Quad, but that's even more unrealistic. You could in theory let people up the lower stage of the Skyeship and then the Northbrook Quad, then walk a quarter mile to the bottom of the course, but who knows how that would actually go. You could let people all the way up the Skyeship and have a viewing area up top, who knows.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

I skied it today, you just gotta walk down high traverse and then you can ski beartrax to OL.
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Wouldn’t be hard to blow home stretch and lower VP for the extra parking.
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Ramshead has opened Thanksgiving weekend before, but that was before they had the World Cup. Would be a huge help because people who wanted to ski could park there and not need to ride the bus with the World Cup spectators. Also agree with running the Skyeship gondola and Northbrook Quad to get people to the course from that parking area. To get to the top of the course, you'd just go up both stages and walk over. For the bottom, you'd get off after the first stage and take the Northbrook Quad, then walk half a mile. People coming from other areas could also get to the top of the course by walking to the Northbrook Quad, riding it down, and riding Stage 2 up.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

I call out ST JERRY for a Killington / SUNDAY RIVER skkkkkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

kind regards
freeski
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
DrJeff
Poster Child Poster

Post by DrJeff »

Highway Star wrote:I was thinking today that it would be nice to get Caper and lower-lower Great Northern open by the WC race, to give people lift access from the rams head and snowshed lots, but it's highly unrealistic and wouldn't really accomplish anything besides being a crowding disaster. Would be even more nice to have access via the Skyeship or Skye Peak Quad, but that's even more unrealistic. You could in theory let people up the lower stage of the Skyeship and then the Northbrook Quad, then walk a quarter mile to the bottom of the course, but who knows how that would actually go. You could let people all the way up the Skyeship and have a viewing area up top, who knows.
They actually "opened" Lower Great Northern the morning of the 1st day of the World Cup last year. My wife and I skied it back down to Ramshead and walked through the tunnel to where we had parked at Snowshed and dropped our gear off at our car before heading back up to watch the race. I say "opened" because while the rope was down, there was an ambassador by the bottom of the Snowdon Quad letting us know that it was sketchy in a few locations. Caper would be nice to use Ramshead to get people who actually are trying to ski, vs just watch the races up out of the Snowshed/Ramshead base,

Totally agree about the Stage 1 of Skyehsip and Northbrook Quad as an access route, the logistical issue would be getting people back down to Skyeship base without using a bus, as I'm not sure what the downloading capacity of the Northbrook Quad is??
Proud Ski Racer Parent x2!
St. Jerry
Powderhound

Post by St. Jerry »

freeski wrote:I call out ST JERRY for a Killington / SUNDAY RIVER skkkkkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

kind regards
freeski
Sorry, don't associate with nebies on this forum
Ron Paul 2012