How’s the Hill?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

icedtea
Guru Poster

Re: How’s the Hill?

Post by icedtea »

No Big Ten Network anywhere..
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Highway Star wrote:
hillbangin wrote:Are the woods open yet?
The woods are always open and full of wood. Just like your mom.
Not your wood though Limp D^ck.
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

biged wrote:No cable on snowdon triple as of today. Hopefully planned for next week to get top to bottom.
Bahahaha! You can't be serious! Once again they wait until winter to finish work on that POS lift? What's this, three years in a row for a lift they need to use early season?
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

ME2VTSkier wrote:
biged wrote:No cable on snowdon triple as of today. Hopefully planned for next week to get top to bottom.
Bahahaha! You can't be serious! Once again they wait until winter to finish work on that POS lift? What's this, three years in a row for a lift they need to use early season?
I like the lift which is not the point. Early season top to bottom goes under it. No top to bottom until cable is installed. If i was killington i wouldn't make a route down until this was done to avoid liability.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

ME2VTSkier wrote:
no problem with the top to bottom situation but the triple not being ready to go yet is befuddling. seems year after year these summer improvement projects wait until the last minute. and perhaps it's no biggie and just takes a minute to string it but seems like it would make more sense to have it done before the trail under it is open.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

rogman wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
brownman wrote:Patrol.
Where are they when you need 'em ..
Huddled like gnomes in some funky little shack

:Toast

I have a slightly different opinion. I will gladly buy a sled driver a beer. Any day.
I'll mention that to my daughter, LOL.
Flag down, unnecessary linguistical stretching, excessive distance. But sure, next time she's in town the offer stands.
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

skiadikt wrote:no problem with the top to bottom situation but the triple not being ready to go yet is befuddling. seems year after year these summer improvement projects wait until the last minute. and perhaps it's no biggie and just takes a minute to string it but seems like it would make more sense to have it done before the trail under it is open.
Heck, why not wait until they are setting gates on Upper Bunny and Highline.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

How busy did it get this weekend? On Sat, how long of a wait was it to get on the NRT?
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

daytripper wrote:How busy did it get this weekend? On Sat, how long of a wait was it to get on the NRT?
Depended on the time of the day. At 8 AM you could mostly ski right on to the lift. By 10:30 the lines were out past the little hut. By the late afternoon it was back to being just a few people.
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

I️ never waited more than ten minutes at any time.
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

icedtea wrote:I️ never waited more than ten minutes at any time.
Most less than 5 minutes...
ImageImageImageImage
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Clearly everyone to the south went to Mount Snow.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Highway Star wrote:Clearly [lots of people] went to Mount Snow.
So in an unusual prolonged cold snap where latitude and altitude made no difference, a few hundred people (tops) that might have gone to Killington went to Mt Snow to enjoy top to bottom skiing on one early weekend. In less than 12 days 15-20,000 people are going to head to Killington to take in the biggest thing to hit East Coast skiing in decades, with millions watching worldwide on TV.

I sure hope Killington survives this horrific business disaster that you have been foretelling.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Mister Moose wrote:
So in an unusual prolonged cold snap where latitude and altitude made no difference, a few hundred people (tops) that might have gone to Killington went to Mt Snow to enjoy top to bottom skiing on one early weekend. In less than 12 days 15-20,000 people are going to head to Killington to take in the biggest thing to hit East Coast skiing in decades, with millions watching worldwide on TV.

I sure hope Killington survives this horrific business disaster that you have been foretelling.
Yeah but your forgetting that Killington blew snow for a day and it melted. Because of that there is no chance of even breaking even this year. We mys well just shut it down now after letting that snow melt. How could Killington possibly recover from that hit??
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Mister Moose wrote:

More like 1000 to 2000 people per day who normally would have come to Killington went to Mount Snow instead. You Killington skiers should send MS a note thanking them for making the skiing bearable at Kton.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters