Friday 2pm 11/10/17 - Killington: No top to bottom effort

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Friday 2pm 11/10/17 - Killington: No top to bottom effort

Post by Highway Star »

NOT EVEN TRYING, OR PRETENDING TO TRY. Meanwhile, Mount Snow will be opening with multiple top to bottom trails served by high speed lifts:

https://www.mountsnow.com/our-media/blo ... -saturday/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seriously, f*** Killington, f*** POWDR, and f*** the FIS.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Re: Friday 2pm 11/10/17 - Killington: No top to bottom effor

Post by skiadikt »

i hate to see you this way ... there's a simple solution. leave killington. nothing's gonna change. why keep making yourself miserable ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

There's already a thread on this.

It's pretty clear they are not focused on public skiing now and their top priority is the World Cup. Mount Snow and Okemo will have more open.

We've known this for weeks and the best solution if you don't like it is go somewhere else this weekend.
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

snoloco wrote:There's already a thread on this.

It's pretty clear they are not focused on public skiing now and their top priority is the World Cup. Mount Snow and Okemo will have more open.

We've known this for weeks and the best solution if you don't like it is go somewhere else this weekend.
Hell, Bretton Woods will have more open LOL! :lol:
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

I have to say I am disappointed Killington couldn't follow through on their promise and maintain 2 complete snow making systems. They clearly don't have the resource for customers and the WC. I understand the WC is huge advertisement but as a longtime customer I can't help but feel a little jilted. I may bail on k this weekend and go somewhere else.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

They can run 2 separate systems when blowing only north ridge, but nothing more.
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

Snow makers are the critical path. They are short staffed.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Highway Star wrote:NOT EVEN TRYING, OR PRETENDING TO TRY. Meanwhile, Mount Snow will be opening with multiple top to bottom trails served by high speed lifts:

https://www.mountsnow.com/our-media/blo ... -saturday/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You really need to get laid, cause getting yourself off over here isn't doing you any good.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Highway Star wrote:NOT EVEN TRYING, OR PRETENDING TO TRY. Meanwhile, Mount Snow will be opening with multiple top to bottom trails served by high speed lifts:

Have you ever made love to a woman?
Don't Killington Pico
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

boston_e wrote:

Have you ever made love to a woman?
Someone get him one of those new robots!!!! Its the closest he will get.
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

Wait, what? There's a robot! Yay- time for some online shopping!!!
specialp
Green Skidder

Post by specialp »

Of course they are going to be blowing SS for the world cup. They are putting a huge effort in for this again and I like it.
Day 4 skiers will have to deal with only Rime and Reason and walkway. That isn't too bad. It was the warmest October ever, they just opened 3 days ago as soon as it was humanly possible, all for the small number of very early season skiers. So if you really want that top to bottom early season action by all means drive to Bretton. Give them a bit of time.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

DES wrote:Wait, what? There's a robot! Yay- time for some online shopping!!!
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/2084051/r ... thel-cost/
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

figured him for a more..." FARM LIKE" sorta fella....
Attachments
fuckingsheep.jpg
fuckingsheep.jpg (73.56 KiB) Viewed 830 times
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

can't say no top to bottom effort anymore. couldn't tell how high up they went but at least from the top of mouse trap down to the base. right move since temps moderate a bit starting monday/tuesday. guessing we could see top-to-bottom midweek. and yeah right now mt snow & okemo have a bit of a lead but we all know that won't last for long. the pile on supe is very impressive. fwiw, my understanding is that they're not planning to do skye lark this year.
spoiled South American skiin' whore