Ttb

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Kapow
Blue Chatterbox

Ttb

Post by Kapow »

Top to bottom. Nothing like performance to silence the chattering critics. Reminds me of TR who cheered the man in the arena who dared great things and disdained the critics who chattered from the sidelines. Mike and the snowmakers are in the arena. Well done.
RedRider
Postaholic

Re: Ttb

Post by RedRider »

Outstanding effort!
Well done
Go that way, really fast.
If something gets in your way, turn.

Shortski is the Supreme Master of the Universe!!
Mriceyman
Green Skidder

Post by Mriceyman »

I only wish they would have thanked HS for more motivation getting ttb in the trip report
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Great to see, gotta wonder if it would have happened without all the bitching here and alpinezoe and on the lifts. I doubt it. So for all the people bitching on here I say good job! If you don't like it voice your opinion and maybe it will change. No need to take what they give you if it should be better.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I was already at the peak (guess I did my last hike up the stairway) and decided not to go back down to sample the open terrain due to my recent injuries. I did not want to risk possibly getting hurt. I did hear from other people that it was dicey in places so I will wait until tomorrow to sample it. Kudos to Mike and all his staff for getting a route down to the bottom.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

daytripper wrote:Great to see, gotta wonder if it would have happened without all the bitching here and alpinezoe and on the lifts. I doubt it. So for all the people bitching on here I say good job! If you don't like it voice your opinion and maybe it will change. No need to take what they give you if it should be better.
management made it clear where there priorities were. agree about the long-term vision. pulling this off 3 years will be huge for k and even the very frugal (polite term) powdr was all in. also get why some folks were upset. clearly management heard the noise. more than that ticket sales were probably down this weekend (an added benefit for the faithful). but before people start thumping their chests, once they had made sufficient progress on supe (which has been quite remarkable) they turned to expansion as they promised. did the noise help. maybe a little. and big deal, mt snow got bragging rights for a weekend but by mid-december this will be far in the rear mirror and everyone else will be choking on k's snow.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Any guns on the FIS practice hill? They have to set gates on Sky Lark so the teams can warm up and practice.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

Above average temps in Sept and October, yet four days after opening, K is TTB.

Since the addition of the peak walkway, a TTB date of November 12th is probably earlier than average.

RIP to the notion that the presence of additional resources for the WC was BAD for public skiing. It was nothing but baseless speculation.

Predictions that we wouldn't see TTB until a couple of days before Thanksgiving were way, way off.

Did chest thumping make a difference? Marginally if at all. They were clearly up there preparing for a TTB assault at the very time complaints were being made that they weren't.

As for an "I was wrong" statement from HS, it is cold but I suspect we'll continue to hear crickets for some time.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

I'm pleasantly surprised to see that they did this. Also noticed a groomer on the Superstar cam so they probably finished blowing there and can now groom it out.

Hopefully they're able to get a couple more things open on Snowdon this week and get the quad open. I'm guessing the next priority will be Caper and Lower Great Northern to get the Ramshead lift open which will help get people to the World Cup venue without taking the bus.
whumber
Beginner On Rentals

Post by whumber »

snoloco wrote:I'm pleasantly surprised to see that they did this. Also noticed a groomer on the Superstar cam so they probably finished blowing there and can now groom it out.

Hopefully they're able to get a couple more things open on Snowdon this week and get the quad open. I'm guessing the next priority will be Caper and Lower Great Northern to get the Ramshead lift open which will help get people to the World Cup venue without taking the bus.
They seem to be grooming and blowing simultaneously over on superstar as the groomers have been going up and down the slope a few times over the last couple days.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

I stand by the complaining, and am satisfied by them at least getting a basic top to bottom route open this weekend.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Spyderman
Bumper

Post by Spyderman »

Sound the trumpets! And hats off to Mike and the Rock Star Mountain Ops team for opening top to bottom a mere four days after opening. For all the naysayers and arm chair quarterbacks complaining about no priority focus on a complete route down, you were proven wrong. Have some faith in our great resort . Killington demonstrated that it can take a frontal assort from an unpresidented warm October and turn it into a glancing blow. And our unrivaled snowmaking capacity indeed did Blow Baby Blow every possible moment temps permitted. Bravo Team Killington!
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Was just getting ready to walk the stairs with Mr. G when a mechanic told us they opened Top to Bottom.

Nice job dudes!
Snow2017.jpg
Snow2017.jpg (148.62 KiB) Viewed 484 times
Where is Happy Hour ?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

RustyK wrote:Was just getting ready to walk the stairs with Mr. G when a mechanic told us they opened Top to Bottom.

Nice job dudes!
what you done w/ rusty. when do you ever wait to be told a trail is open :D
spoiled South American skiin' whore