Snowdon triple

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

daytripper
Wanted Poster

Snowdon triple

Post by daytripper »

According to conditions report it's being restrung today while skiing will be allowed under it.
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Re: Snowdon triple

Post by Southside_Bobby »

daytripper wrote:According to conditions report it's being restrung today while skiing will be allowed under it.
Should be no problem. The concern over having to close the terrain when they strung the haul rope was unfounded.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

A mere slowdown with an overzealous Ambassor waving his arms like he was praising some godess near the Conclusion entrance :mrgreen:
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Southside_Bobby wrote:
daytripper wrote:According to conditions report it's being restrung today while skiing will be allowed under it.
Should be no problem. The concern over having to close the terrain when they strung the haul rope was unfounded.
HS FAKE NEWS!
ImageImageImageImage
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Great day to get it done. Clocks ticking. Winter won't wait. I'm looking forward to a more reliable chair and safer experience on the old girl. Now if they could get k1 to have fewer stops we'd be in good shape.
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

I suspect that the K1 will continue to be unreliable all winter. Why? In the first minute of Opening Day, it stopped several times and not because it was windy, or icy, or people were loading supplies in it for the Peak. There were people above us in the overhead banging around the equipment.

I had hoped for fixes before winter arrived, but lets all get used to it then it won't seem so bad. Poor lift performance has become the new Killington ops standard and instead we should be happy they are making snow, I guess.

Someone mentioned that the total investment by KMS and Killington into the snowdon triple will reach 2.3 million. Hard to swallow that anyone would spend that much money on old slow technology with a long difficult loading ramp made decades ago. Lipstick on a pig? Still a pig.

I keep on trying to see the logic in what POWDR does with the lift system, but year after year I just don't see anything improve to minimally normal, let alone good.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

da Pimp wrote:I suspect that the K1 will continue to be unreliable all winter. Why? In the first minute of Opening Day, it stopped several times and not because it was windy, or icy, or people were loading supplies in it for the Peak. There were people above us in the overhead banging around the equipment.

I had hoped for fixes before winter arrived, but lets all get used to it then it won't seem so bad. Poor lift performance has become the new Killington ops standard and instead we should be happy they are making snow, I guess.

Someone mentioned that the total investment by KMS and Killington into the snowdon triple will reach 2.3 million. Hard to swallow that anyone would spend that much money on old slow technology with a long difficult loading ramp made decades ago. Lipstick on a pig? Still a pig.

I keep on trying to see the logic in what POWDR does with the lift system, but year after year I just don't see anything improve to minimally normal, let alone good.
I can't believe they didn't just tear it out and put in a half length lift. It's really stupid and the lift is now virtually useless anyway on a weekend with how often it stops with the mid-station, I avoid it at all costs.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

My understanding is the upgrades were paid for by KSC. However, I doubt they paid for the new haul rope and cross arms, which is more along the lines of periodic maintenance. If Killington was intending to put in a new HSQ to replace the Snowdon Quad anytime soon, it wouldn't make much sense to invest this much in that lift that is 45 years old and slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter. The regrettable conclusion is the S4 is here for a while.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

Highway Star wrote:
da Pimp wrote:I suspect that the K1 will continue to be unreliable all winter. Why? In the first minute of Opening Day, it stopped several times and not because it was windy, or icy, or people were loading supplies in it for the Peak. There were people above us in the overhead banging around the equipment.

I can't believe they didn't just tear it out and put in a half length lift. It's really stupid and the lift is now virtually useless anyway on a weekend with how often it stops with the mid-station, I avoid it at all costs.
...cant you just avoid Killington entirely , at...ALL COSTS?
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

da Pimp wrote: Someone mentioned that the total investment by KMS and Killington into the snowdon triple will reach 2.3 million. Hard to swallow that anyone would spend that much money on old slow technology with a long difficult loading ramp made decades ago. Lipstick on a pig? Still a pig.
There is no way they have spent 2.3 million on maintenance for a fixed grip. You could put in a new fg lift for that kind of money. With heated seats and stereo.
rogman wrote: The regrettable conclusion is the S4 is here for a while.
Protecting early turns on powder days since 2009. SSQS applications still available!

M Moose, Sec'y
Save the Snowdon Quad Society
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Mister Moose wrote: Protecting early turns on days it's so incredibly shitty, Killington will literally tell you to have another cup of coffee (or 10), go back to bed, or do anything other than try to actually ski the craptacular boilerplate they are offering as "product" that day, since 2009.
Fixed it for you.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

And, Mr Moose, I'll repeat my earlier comment that having the Snowdon Quad be the centerpiece of their early season offerings is embarrassing.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

rogman wrote:And, Mr Moose, I'll repeat my earlier comment that having the Snowdon Quad be the centerpiece of their early season offerings is embarrassing.
How is the Snowdon Quad "the centerpiece of early season"? Wouldn't the Glades chair be the centerpiece?

And how is it embarrassing?
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

It's a moot point anyway because in shitty weather the mountain doesn't open until noon.
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

daytripper wrote:It's a moot point anyway because in shitty weather the mountain doesn't open until noon.
Or even if the sun comes out and the wind dies! :lol: