11/16 Powder day?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

RustyK
Whipping Post

11/16 Powder day?

Post by RustyK »

I see pic's on FB of a couple of inches of pow?

Anybody want to verify this for me?
Where is Happy Hour ?
Snowboardgod
Blue Chatterbox

Re: 11/16 Powder day?

Post by Snowboardgod »

Definitely a good couple of inches above 3,000 feet especially
ski2die
Black Carver

Post by ski2die »

On the hill from 9:00 till 11:30; 33° with wet snow falling and an inch of slush in the parking lot when I arrived; 29° and snowing hard at the top when I stepped off the Gondi; 2" maybe 3" accumulation in Northridge by the time I quit; 37° and overcast in the parking lot when I left at 2 o'clock; conditions where pretty good - up top the new snow wasn't too wet and provided a nice creamy topping to last night's corduroy - with a little traffic it got skied in pretty well without getting pushed into too many piles; good crowd for opening bell, but never a lift line at the triple - after KMS left, Northridge was empty.
Last edited by ski2die on Nov 16th, '17, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
It's not ice if there ain't fish under it!
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

:like
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Heavy driving snow greeted the early morning faithful that found their way to the top of the mountain. Temperature hovered near 30 degree mark with snowmaking shut down for a short break. New wet snow added up to over an inch tended to slow down the skiing which was helpful as visibility was an issue. Stiff breeze that pelted the NRT early on became lighter every run. Downdraft headwall opened with little fanfare marking the first open double black terrain of the season. Heavy snow faded as the weather and visibility improved. Mandatory uphill push past the North Ridge Triple to get to the lower mountain should be history as the missing section of Great Northern has snow and should groomed.

Grade B

Quote of the Day - Tough to beat a snow blowing in your face start.
Attachments
Downdraft Headwall.jpg
Downdraft Headwall.jpg (42.88 KiB) Viewed 447 times
First Double Diamond.jpg
First Double Diamond.jpg (59.56 KiB) Viewed 447 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Currently snowing again. Not much accumulation so far outside my condo but if it continues maybe we will have a few more inches on the mountain. Here is what it looks like outside my condo now.
Snowing 111617.jpg
Snowing 111617.jpg (87.58 KiB) Viewed 446 times
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

11/16/2017 Afternoon Report:

Wouldn't call it a powder day, but looked to be every bit of 4-5 inches of new at the top. Mountain skied pretty well.

ROTD tie between Downdraft headwall and Mouse Trap. DD skied very well but visibility not real good. Mouse Trap had enough cover partway to the right of the 'main groomed part of the trail' with some really nice bumps on that side and decent cover even in the troughs.

As GIS already reported, a bit of a pain getting to the bottom via the uphill skate past the NRT. And, the section of GN between the NRT and Snowdon was thin and brown.

All in all, better than I expected.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!