Re: Killington Needs To Up Their Game

Post by 180 »

i will take the WC any day. 3 times in a lifetime
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

180 wrote:i will take the WC any day. 3 times in a lifetime
agree. and for the all the whiners, killington has arguably caught up in most of the metrics - trails, lifts, acres and will probably surpass as east fall, caper, maybe highline come on line this weekend and by next week - bam ... a distant memory.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

skiadikt wrote:
agree. and for the all the whiners, killington has arguably caught up in most of the metrics - trails, lifts, acres and will probably surpass as east fall, caper, maybe highline come on line this weekend and by next week - bam ... a distant memory.

Well now your whining about whiners!!
:-)
whumber
Beginner On Rentals

Post by whumber »

skiadikt wrote:
They dropped the rope on lower East Fall already today, it was fantastic; easily the best run of the day.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Saw the pics. It looked really fun.

Right now the report says they don't anticipate having Caper open for the weekend. I would have thought 2 full days of snowmaking would've been enough, but I guess not. Sucks because it would have helped so much since they could've had all the people skiing park at Snowshed and ski into the event. Guessing at least a third of visitors wouldn't need to take the shuttle then. If they can drop the rope on Lower GN that will at least help at the end of the day when everyone tries to leave at the same time rather than coming in at different times.

If it doesn't open this weekend, it should definitely open by next weekend, and add that plus Superstar and Skyelark and Killington will be more comparable to Okemo and Mount Snow, actually leading in terms of quality. There will be two expert trails open, East Fall and Superstar and most areas don't really have their steep terrain open by now. And having Caper open as a long easy run will keep some low level skiers off the steeper terrain. Also plenty of intermediate terrain available too.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Caper .. the game-changer.
Ridickulous.

Nice to see CQ4 on the grid. :like
Who's got dibs on Peak lodge today ?

:Toast to
Forever .. Goat Path
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

snoloco wrote:
Right now the report says they don't anticipate having Caper open for the weekend. I would have thought 2 full days of snowmaking would've been enough, but I guess not.

Have you ever even skied Caper? It's really wide up top and really long. Not surprised in the least that it's not open.

Temps appear to have been ok to marginal since they started too.
Give it up dude
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs