World Cup Article

Post by throbster »

I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: World Cup Article

Post by madhatter »

while all that "water injected" WC snow lasted into june last year, it was still a relatively hard surface compared to years past...it remains to be seen as to whether that was a result of the freeze thaw cycle, the spring weather and temps, the WC surface itself or a combination of some or all of those things...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

"Off the slope, he says they’ll have more buses and port-a-potties this year as well as additional food trucks and ski industry vendors".

:banana: :banana:
Where is Happy Hour ?
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Porta potties are deployed .. in earnest. :shock:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Is Killington already set to host next year? I wasn't aware of that...
To help fund this year’s race, the state’s other ski resorts chipped in $50,000 through the Vermont Ski Areas Association. Megnin says other sponsors also stepped up to help defray costs which has helped Killington feel confident about agreeing to host not only this year's World Cup but next year's race as well.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

spanky wrote:Is Killington already set to host next year? I wasn't aware of that...
To help fund this year’s race, the state’s other ski resorts chipped in $50,000 through the Vermont Ski Areas Association. Megnin says other sponsors also stepped up to help defray costs which has helped Killington feel confident about agreeing to host not only this year's World Cup but next year's race as well.
Yes. After last year's successful event, Killington was given the commitment for 2017 and 2018. No word beyond that.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Sporte
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Sporte »

Yup. After last year they agreed for two more years. What I saw somewhere.
Mriceyman
Green Skidder

Post by Mriceyman »

Anyone know if/where its televised? Hope the ss cam stays also
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mriceyman wrote:Anyone know if/where its televised? Hope the ss cam stays also
last year NBC live streamed it...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

NBC will broadcast GS after it is completed, around 3 PM. I have NBCSP which will not be broadcasting the races. Saw elsewhere NBC has another station which will broadcast the races live or slightly delays, NBCSN (Sports Network). I don't have it. :( SL will broadcast Sunday and begin earlier I believe.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.directv.com/tv/FIS-Alpine-S ... RYSVgwb0U9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell