tuesday 11/21/2017 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

tuesday 11/21/2017 report

Post by skiadikt »

just a glorious day on the hill. beautiful sunshine and very warm temps. g.i.s. was indeed wearing shorts. surprising "crowd" at the open. by now you know the runs. everything skied pretty much the same. nice groom early and a bit scraped and faster later. if i had to pick one, mouse trap probably rotd. east fall looks ready and hopefully we get snowdon tomorrow.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
liv4ski
Bumper

Re: tuesday 11/21/2017 report

Post by liv4ski »

Good to see you back out. I'll be skiing Thursday and Friday.
Finn
Postaholic

Post by Finn »

Early skiing was probably great.
Got out around 1 pm sunny delight.
Nice afternoon but a little scraped off.
Made the best of a non-work day.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

liv4ski wrote:Good to see you back out. I'll be skiing Thursday and Friday.
Ditto. See you guys out there.
Where is Happy Hour ?
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Sunshine with blue skies greeted the early K1 Gondi swelling line . Very rare were a Tuesday crowd is bigger than a Monday. Warming temps had the guns off for the day so I took advantage making it a shorts day. Had the pleasure of skiing with two different Barbra's that both were getting in the first turns of the season. Lift maintenance were hard at work setting up the Snowdon Poma for tomorrow. Mean while out on the race hill workers were injecting water into the slope trying to firm the surface up. World Cup fever is building with the Simon Pierce trophy waiting for the fastest woman to lay claim to the prize.

Grade B

Quote of the Day - No need to guzzle your first run like a beer when you are trying to get drunk fast.
Attachments
First Day Turns.jpg
First Day Turns.jpg (125.65 KiB) Viewed 759 times
Snowdon Poma setup time.jpg
Snowdon Poma setup time.jpg (116.04 KiB) Viewed 759 times
World Cup Trophy.jpg
World Cup Trophy.jpg (94.37 KiB) Viewed 759 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

We skied the traffic in the NYC area this afternoon. Close to two hours from West Nyack to Melville, most of which was spent getting onto the Whitestone Bridge and then down the Cross Island to the LIE and out to Exit 41. From 41 to 49 it finally opened up. If I ever think of moving back here, just shoot me!!
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Best day of the season :mrgreen:
Mid-morning to 3 was enuf for us.
Mostly stayed up high.
Some snausages showing thru.

Wandered over to view lower Skylark training.
Some serious gate bashers over there :like
Saw USSA officials in a heated discussion with a European coach.

Happy Thanksgiving !

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Bubba wrote:We skied the traffic in the NYC area this afternoon. Close to two hours from West Nyack to Melville, most of which was spent getting onto the Whitestone Bridge and then down the Cross Island to the LIE and out to Exit 41. From 41 to 49 it finally opened up. If I ever think of moving back here, just shoot me!!
The Cross Island was a mess when I came home last night too and it was a mess tonight when Iceman was coming home. We all should have taken the Clearview Expressway instead.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Bubba wrote:We skied the traffic in the NYC area this afternoon. Close to two hours from West Nyack to Melville, most of which was spent getting onto the Whitestone Bridge and then down the Cross Island to the LIE and out to Exit 41. From 41 to 49 it finally opened up. If I ever think of moving back here, just shoot me!!
The Cross Island was a mess when I came home last night too and it was a mess tonight when Iceman was coming home. We all should have taken the Clearview Expressway instead.
Bubba's biggest mistake was getting on the LIE, stay on the pkwys!
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

I swear on a stack of of KISS albums this is true:

Was headed to North Carolina to see an old flame.

I84 headed over the Tap. A pickup truck goes by me at 110 MPH in fairly heavy traffic. I was at the end of some park with huge rock walls as large as Cannon. So, the truck jerks it wheel 150 yds ahead of me. Two 2X6s fly out of the truck and 50 feet in the air. I get hit by one on the nose and it spins and my driver side mirror assembly explodes.

So I go East in Error and miss the Tap. This was last Friday when Manhatten was burning. So, I'm stuck in gridlock. I get to NJ a few (5 hours later). My eyes aren't working well and I get on I195 thinking I'm pm I95. Realize my mistake and decide to head back to NH.

The next day my girlfriend wires me $. So, I'm all set.

Then I84 is closed for 10 or 12 hours because two Tractor Trailers crash and burn the pavement so DOT has to repave or resurface.

Fun fact I spent the night freezing my ass off with the truckers at the rest stop....

Yea, NY, NJ and the port area are great.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

freeski wrote:I swear on a stack of of KISS albums this is true:

Was headed to North Carolina to see an old flame.

I84 headed over the Tap. A pickup truck goes by me at 110 MPH in fairly heavy traffic. I was at the end of some park with huge rock walls as large as Cannon. So, the truck jerks it wheel 150 yds ahead of me. Two 2X6s fly out of the truck and 50 feet in the air. I get hit by one on the nose and it spins and my driver side mirror assembly explodes.

So I go East in Error and miss the Tap. This was last Friday when Manhatten was burning. So, I'm stuck in gridlock. I get to NJ a few (5 hours later). My eyes aren't working well and I get on I195 thinking I'm pm I95. Realize my mistake and decide to head back to NH.

The next day my girlfriend wires me $. So, I'm all set.

Then I84 is closed for 10 or 12 hours because two Tractor Trailers crash and burn the pavement so DOT has to repave or resurface.

Fun fact I spent the night freezing my ass off with the truckers at the rest stop....

Yea, NY, NJ and the port area are great.
Welcome to CONNECTICUT, where we expect at least one tractor trailer, closed highways, per week. Sometimes more.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?