Parking and Mtn Access - Friday Nov 24th

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Parking and Mtn Access - Friday Nov 24th

Post by da Pimp »

According to World Cup Weekend 101, free parking is along the upper access road, but shuttles to the K1 lodge from the upper road or Snowshed do not begin until 8am. I think the hill will be open at 8am since it is a holiday weekend, correct? On Sat/Sun, the shuttles start at 6:30am. I would imagine that the shuttles would be starting earlier than 8am on Friday. It will be a busy day, day off for just about everyone and it is also the only day of the weekend when Killington employees and dependents can ski. Right there you add a helluva lot of people to the hill.

So - on Friday is the K1 lot a pay lot, or parking pass only lot, or no access at all? I seem to remember it was normal access last year.
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Re: Parking and Mtn Access - Friday Nov 24th

Post by Southside_Bobby »

da Pimp wrote:According to World Cup Weekend 101, free parking is along the upper access road, but shuttles to the K1 lodge from the upper road or Snowshed do not begin until 8am. I think the hill will be open at 8am since it is a holiday weekend, correct? On Sat/Sun, the shuttles start at 6:30am. I would imagine that the shuttles would be starting earlier than 8am on Friday. It will be a busy day, day off for just about everyone and it is also the only day of the weekend when Killington employees and dependents can ski. Right there you add a helluva lot of people to the hill.

So - on Friday is the K1 lot a pay lot, or parking pass only lot, or no access at all? I seem to remember it was normal access last year.
Are you sure Friday is 8 AM? It may not be. Friday may be considered a non-holiday weekday.
I don't think any WC K1 Parking Passes were sold for Friday.
If opening is 9 AM Friday, then 8 AM is certainly plenty early to start the shuttles. You also may be able to just park at K1 for free.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

FREE PARKING AREAS WITH SHUTTLE SERVICE - FRIDAYUpper Access Road (Roadside Parking)
Location: One mile stretch of Killington Road between Snowshed Lodge and K-1 Base Area. Space is extremely limited and these spots will fill up first.
Shuttles: All shuttles pass these parking spots, wave for service – 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. – approx. every 10 minutes
Vale Road Parking Lots
Location: Between K-1 Base Area and Ramshead Lodge on Vale Road
Shuttles: Vale Lot Shuttles – 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. – approx. every 10 minutes
Snowshed Lodge
Shuttles: K-1 & World Cup Venue/Snowshed Shuttle – 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. – approx. every 15 minutes
Ramshead Lodge
Shuttles: Use walking tunnel to Snowshed for K-1 & World Cup Venue/Snowshed Shuttle – 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. – approx. every 15 minutes
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
rower
Black Carver

Post by rower »

I can confirm that last year I parked at K1 on Friday and booted up in the K1 lodge. The conditions page states operating hous 8-4 Thursday-Sunday.
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

I had the same question. I thought the parking passes were only for Saturday and Sunday.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

I will happily let anyone who gives me a ten dollar bill park in the KBL lots on Thursday or Friday. Humpty the toll taker out.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
K-too
Beginner On Rentals

Post by K-too »

They responded to my inquiry that the K-1 lot is open Friday.
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

Great! Thanx. I guess I should have gone direct myself, but I felt I would not have heard anything back for a couple of days.

I'm pumped to get a good Canyon run now, plus Snowdon choices. Long term forecast looks favorable for expansion plans, plus Skyelark and Superstar will open for the public. I feel the thigh burn already.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Parking on Friday was not an issue. Lower East Fall pavement is down. Here is LIV4Ski on his warm-up run.
Attachments
East Fall.jpg
East Fall.jpg (87.07 KiB) Viewed 655 times
East Fall 1.jpg
East Fall 1.jpg (89.4 KiB) Viewed 655 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

Friday morning on East Fall was great with a thick helping of creamy frosting. It was bumped and scraped in no time.

GIS carving the soft snow.